6 Places to Eat in Apeldoorn and Amsterdamhttps://www.wittenborg.eu/enjoying-outdoors-6-places-eat-apeldoorn-and-amsterdam.htm
As restrictions for the hospitality sector are progressively being removed and the vaccination programme is moving quickly, there are more chances for people in the Netherlands to enjoy eating and drinking outdoors, especially now that the weather is sunnier and warmer.
Whether you are studying at Wittenborg's Apeldoorn or Amsterdam campus, there are several options for places to visit in the company of friends. Here you will find 3 places to visit in Apeldoorn, and 3 places to visit in Amsterdam, each with its own unique style, menu and concept.
Enjoying Apeldoorn’s centre
Apeldoorn has several restaurants, pubs and cafés with terraces where you can sit and enjoy the sun and a nice meal. Take note of the following places:
1. Brasserie M’Joy: Apeldoorn boasts several
restaurants with terraces where guests can sit outside to have lunch,
dinner, or just drinks while enjoying the sun and fresh air. One of
these places not to be missed is Brasserie M'Joy, which opens Wednesday
to Sunday, from 11:00 am to 11:00 pm.
Located at Leienplein 10, this restaurant has a big terrace where you can enjoy drinks and good food. Their specialty is burgers and steaks, but there are different options to choose from. In the picture we see their “frietjes”, a nice flavour mix of citrus, garlic and rosemary that goes down well with a cool draught beer or a tasty soda.
2. Central Park Café: Besides a variety of restaurants, Apeldoorn also has several cafés offering a relaxed environment to enjoy drinks and small bites of pastry or savoury snacks, and they are open most days from breakfast hours to mid-afternoon.
One of these places is Central Park, a boho-chic café located at the appealing Kapelstraat 1 offering several healthy options for food and beverages. They also offer delicious cakes to savour alongside your drink. Central Park are experts in creative drinks, such as this sparkling rosé garnished with fresh seasonal berries.
Central Park is open from Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, and on Sundays from 11:00 am to 6:00pm.
3. Pop-up PickNick: Oranje Park is the iconic green area of Apeldoorn's centre. People in town love to stroll around and take in a breath of fresh air after a day at school or work, or just hang out with family and friends.
During the summer, right in the heart of Oranje Park, you will find PickNick, a pop-up bar with a small yet smart selection of drinks for all tastes. Chips and toasties are on offer to be enjoyed amid the greenery of the park. You can have a seat on the lawn at one of the tables, or else chill out at one of the reclining chairs next to the little lake.
Pop-up PickNick is open from Thursdays to Sundays during the afternoon.
Enjoying the picturesque views in Amsterdam
Amsterdam’s charming streets and canals are full of bars and restaurants side by side, and options to spend a cosy time are plenty. If you intend to enjoy the fine weather at the centre of this lovely city, here are 3 recommendations:
1. Proeflokaal Aredsnest: located at Herengracht 90, this bar is
just a few minutes' walk from the central station, with beers
exclusively from local Dutch brewers, and over 50 of them on tap. Along
with your drinks, it is possible to order a selection of cheeses, mixed
charcuterie, toasties, nut mixes, and chips.
Normally, you can visit Proeflokaal Aredsnest from Monday to Sunday, from 12:00 noon to midnight; however, due to the corona rules the bar might close a bit earlier. It is a good idea to check out the schedule when planning your visit.
2. The Coffee District: on the tranquil street of Hendrik Jacobzstraat, number 18, is this specialty coffee house which also crafts its own pastries. Enjoy a delicious cup of coffee and a piece of fresh cake in a beautiful residential street of Amsterdam. The area is not touristic, so take a break from the bustle of the city and enjoy the classic architecture and beautiful surrounding trees.
Additionally, at The Coffee District you can stock up on coffee and tea accessories like porcelain cups, plates, kettles, tea-brewing devices, portable eco-friendly cups and specialty coffees and teas.
The opening hours of this lovely café are Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm, and Saturdays & Sundays from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
3. The Avocado Show: this restaurant boasts several locations around Amsterdam, all centred around avocado, which is carefully sourced to guarantee a sustainable food production chain. This superfood is the main ingredient of the whole menu, and customers have a variety of options, such as the “Saint Pancakes” pictured here. Besides this, you can also choose from an extensive cocktail menu or partake of the fresh homemade lemonades.
Not only can you enjoy a healthy meal at The Avocado Show, but you can also rent a boat with them during the summer! Sail around Amsterdam's canals while enjoying some delicious, healthy food.
Opening hours are from Monday to Sunday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm or 9:00 pm, depending on the location.
by Laura Serrano