Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  (Next)



Modules/Curriculum: How to find my Curriculum (list of all modules)?

(Last edited: Monday, 13 July 2020, 5:02 PM)

You can find your study programme curriculum in Part 3 of EEG. Please check your programme EEG on Moodle area.


Money Exchange: Where can I find a money exchange company in Apeldoorn?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 16 June 2021, 9:12 AM)

Money exchange companies can be easily found in Apeldoorn city or in other cities in the Netherlands. A quick search on  'Google' will definitely be helpful. You may visit some companies like GoudwisselkantoorGWK etc.

Source: Currency Exchange , GWK


Moodle: What is Moodle and how can I download it?

(Last edited: Friday, 14 January 2022, 4:06 PM)


Moodle is a Virtual Learning Environment where you can find all the information on your modules, assignments, exam results and all other information in their latest versions. It’s a great communication tool to be in touch with the greater university community. You can use Moodle from any device as long as you have access to the Internet.


There is an app available both on App Store and Google Play that you can download for free.




MVV Sticker: I have collected my MVV already, however, the access conditions for people who want to travel to the Netherlands have been tightened. Is this restriction also applicable to me if I want to enter the Netherlands with an MVV?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 14 July 2020, 9:35 AM)

From Thursday 19 March 2020 at 6 p.m., the access conditions for people who want to travel to the Netherlands have been tightened. This means that persons who do not fall under the exception categories will not enter the Netherlands and they will be refused entry. In principle, this measure applies for a period of 30 days. This measure does not apply to: 

  • holders of an MVV or Dutch residence permit, regardless of the purpose of residence; 
  • third-country nationals in possession of a residence permit from a Schengen or EU member state; 
  • holders of a residence permit as long-term resident. 


MVV: I am a US citizen. Do I need to obtain an MVV visa in advance or am I exempted from it?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 5 August 2020, 1:24 PM)

You are exempted from the requirement of an MVV visa along with the citizens of the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Monaco, Vatican City, or South Korea. This means that you can enter the Netherlands with just your passport.

However, you are still required to have a study residence permit to study in the Netherlands. Once you arrive in the Netherlands, you will be informed on when you can collect your study residence permit from the IND desk.

Please note that as a general rule, your passport should have at least six months of validity when travelling internationally.


MVV: What is MVV (Regular Provisional Residence Permit)

(Last edited: Wednesday, 5 August 2020, 12:13 PM)

If you want to stay in the Netherlands for longer than 90 days, you may need a residence permit (Dutch ID card for non Dutch residence). But before you can travel to the Netherlands, you will have to apply for a long-stay visa. This visa is called an authorisation for temporary stay (or the MVV).

The MVV is a special entrance visa. Your nationality defines whether you have to apply for an MVV or not. For some nationalities and in some situations, an exemption applies and you do not need an MVV.

If you want to apply for an MVV, you need a purpose of stay in the Netherlands. This could be stay with a family member, study or work. Each purpose of stay has specific requirements you have to meet. There are also a number of general conditions that apply to everyone, regardless of the purpose of the stay.

Usually it is the sponsor in the Netherlands who applies for the MVV. The sponsor is the person you are going to stay with in the Netherlands (example spouse) or the organisation that arranges your stay (e.g. a university or employer). The sponsor applies for the MVV at the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) which is basically the Dutch Immigration Authorities.

For non-EU students, your MVV and residence permit will be applied by the university on your behalf. Once it is approved, you will receive a letter from the university informing you to make an appointment at the Dutch embassy in your country to have your passport stamped with the MVV visa sticker. Once the visa is stamped in your passport, you can travel to the Netherlands. Once you arrive in the Netherlands, the IND will inform the university when your residence permit can be collected. This residence permit is a study residence permit with an expiry date.

For more information on the MVV and the conditions that apply, please visit the IND website at


MVV: Why is my MVV visa only valid for 90 days?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 5 August 2020, 12:56 PM)

The MVV is a special entrance visa which is needed by a non EU/EEA resident to enter the Netherlands. It is valid for 90 days and will only be issued in combination with a residence permit.

Once your application for an MVV and residence permit is approved, the IND (Dutch Immigration Authority) will inform the Dutch embassy or consulate in your home country. You will then have to arrange an appointment with the Dutch embassy or consulate general to have your passport stamped with the MVV visa and also to provide your biometric information (fingerprints, passport photo and signature) in order for the IND to make your residence permit.

The 90 days cap is to allow time for you to make an appointment at the Dutch embassy (which normally can take more than 2 weeks) and prepare for your departure to the Netherlands. You have to travel to the Netherlands within the 90 days. Once you arrive in the Netherlands, you will have to wait for an additional 2 weeks before your residence permit can be collected. It is important that you ensure your MVV has not expired before you receive your residence permit.

Take note that you cannot request for an extension of the 90 days. If your MVV visa has expired (the 90 days is over), your sponsor will have to submit for a new application and you will have to pay for this new application.

COVID-19 situation: In view of the COVID-19 situation, new rules have been set by the IND. You can check for additional information from the IND website at



Networking for Internships: How can I connect with others and look for internships?

(Last edited: Monday, 22 June 2020, 3:47 PM)

Upon completion of the introduction session, please try to register via WittenborgConnect first, which includes current students and alumni as its members. Wittenborg Connect allows you to both re-connect with old classmates as well as utilising the trusted Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences environment for expanding your professional network.

You may visit WittenborgConnect regularly by clicking on the link, and check for updates on job placements and/or internships.


New address registration: How long can I wait before registering my new address in the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Thursday, 13 August 2020, 2:20 PM)

You must inform the municipality of your change of address anywhere between 4 weeks prior to moving and 5 days after moving. The moving date that you provide will be treated as the day on which your address changed. If you inform the municipality more than 5 days after moving, the date on which you inform the municipality will be treated as the moving date. Municipalities can impose a fine of up to €325 if you do not inform them in time of important changes to your personal information.

The following link is the page on the city hall website, which guides you how to change your address online. This link is only for students living in Apeldoorn city.;jsessionid=8C22DB3273EA4687ACA6B5DB4096CB48#burgerzaken


News@Wittenborg: How can I stay in touch with the latest information and news at Wittenborg?

(Last edited: Monday, 13 July 2020, 11:46 AM)

To stay informed at Wittenborg, students will be kept up to date of all news, events and study information through Wittenborg’s own online information system. All news posts will be automatically e-mailed to all students and staff who have registered their profiles on the Intranet!

In any modern learning environment, online information plays an important role. At Wittenborg, students can access course information, modules, web mail, their account information and many other utilities, through the intranet.

Logging in

Login is done by using your assigned user name ( and password. See Part 4 of the EEG for more technical information. Wittenborg's Intranet can be accessed from school and from home, or from anywhere in the world where there is internet connection. All you have to do is to log in using your Wittenborg credentials.


Nuffic: What is a Nuffic agreement?

(Last edited: Friday, 12 August 2022, 3:31 PM)

It is a document legitimising your internship. It must be signed by you, your company and the university. You are not allowed to start your internship without the signed Nuffic agreement. Any hours worked prior to the signed Nuffic agreement will not count towards the hours necessary to fulfil this work placement module. Working without a Nuffic agreement is considered illegal in the Netherlands and Wittenborg will not be responsible for any legal issues arising in this case.



Online Presentation: I am invited for an online presentation but I get an error message everytime I click to join the online meeting.

(Last edited: Monday, 17 January 2022, 3:47 PM)


When you receive an outlook invitation you might receive the following message:

  “A custom mail flow rule created by an admin at has blocked your message.”

Any time you receive an invitation in Microsoft Outlook or 365 and accept it, the invitation will be visible from then on in your calendar. Therefore, even if you close the window that pops up while you have accepted the invitation, you can always go to your Outlook calendar and join the communication channel again.


If the problem persists you may contact Helpdesk for further assistance.


Oral Defence: Can students defend/present the Graduation Assignment/Final Project (GA/FP) online?

(Last edited: Friday, 26 August 2022, 9:16 PM)

As all educational activities are now conducted as on-campus activities, we would like to highlight that students must be physically present on campus to defend the Graduation Assignment and Final Project (GA/FP) in addition to the presentations of In-company training and Work Placement modules.

Wittenborg is an experiential institute. At Wittenborg, students sign up for a degree programme with lessons, projects and other educational activities delivered on-campus on a full-time basis. Therefore, all students are expected to be physically present and effectively participate in the classes in order to fulfil all study requirements.

If you have to travel outside the Netherlands for any extended period for mitigating reasons (e.g. medical), please note that you must inform your Process TutorAcademic Supervisor & the examination department ( at least one block in advance of your Graduation Assignment and Final Project modules.


Orientation Year: Can I use my orientation year after 2 years of finishing education?

(Last edited: Thursday, 4 June 2020, 12:57 PM)

Yes, you can still apply for the orientation year within 3 years after finishing your education. 


Orientation Year: Can I use my orientation year/search year residence permit to work outside the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 15 July 2020, 5:12 PM)

No, you can only use your orientation year residence permit to work in the Netherlands.

The Dutch residence permit for the orientation year (oriëntatiejaar or zoekjaar - search year) does not give you the right to work in other countries, even in the Schengen area. If you want to work in another (Schengen member) state, you will have to apply for a residence permit and/or a work permit in that state. Take note that your stay in other Schengen member states is limited to a maximum of 90 days within a period of 180 days. If you intend to stay in another Schengen member state longer, you must comply with the immigration regulations of that country. Take note also that if you do not have and keep your main residence in the Netherlands during the orientation year, your residence permit can be revoked. Having main residence in the Netherlands is a key requirement to retain a Dutch residence permit.


Orientation Year: I am graduating soon. How can I apply for a search year (zoekjaar) visa?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 8 June 2021, 10:59 AM)

If you have successfully completed your studies and like to stay in the Netherlands to find a job or start up your own company, you have to apply for the search year (Zoekjaar) visa. Once you have passed your Graduation Assignment (GA) Oral Defence, Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences (WUAS) will start your de-registration process and inform the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) as we are legally bound to do so within 4 weeks from the Oral Defence day.  The procedure to withdraw the permit will be commenced by IND accordingly.  

During this 4-week period, WUAS will prepare and sign your 'Declaration of Study Completion'. You will require this document to apply for your Zoekjaar on the IND site (Alternatively, you can use the copy of your Graduation Diploma if you have received it.)  If you would like this Declaration, please fill out Declaration of Study Completion Form and we will send you this document by e-mail within two weeks after your presentation.  

IND grants the graduates three months to apply for Zoekjaar after graduation date ( i.e. Oral Defence date for WUAS students). If the Zoekjaar Application is not received by the IND within three months, then you will face a residence gap.  

Two exceptions should be considered in this regard to avoid the residence gap: 

  1. Please make sure your study residence permit valid is within those 3 months. If not, please apply for a Zoekjaar before your current residence permit expires.  

  1. If you want to work more than 16 hours soon after you graduate then you must change your visa type to Zoekjaar as soon as possible. 

More information and the application procedures can be found at:  

FAQ about the topic on IND’s website can be found at  


OV-Chipcard (OV-Chipkaart): What is an OV-chipcard and how can I use it in the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Monday, 22 June 2020, 4:00 PM)

In the Netherlands, the easiest way to take the bus, train, subway, or tramway is to use an OV-Chipcard (PT Smart Card). The costs for the OV-Chipkaart itself is €7,50 and can be bought at or at the local NS-service points. There are two different OV cards.

  • The first is a personalised OV-chipcard, which allows for putting a photo on it and season tickets can be loaded here.
  • The second option is an anonymous card, not registered to a name. The company will not be able to know who is traveling with this card.

Note: Season tickets can only be loaded on the personalised card.

Further details on 'How to use the OV-chipcard' can be accessed via:


Ov-Chipkaart Lost: I have lost my OV-Chipkaart. Who should I contact?

(Last edited: Monday, 22 June 2020, 4:02 PM)

If you have lost your OV-Chipkaart or if it is defective, then you will have to cancel the travel product via the OV-Chipkaart Customer Service Department. Contact them by dialling 0900-0980 (normal call charges apply).



Part Time Jobs: What kind of jobs can I apply for as a student in the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 4:54 PM)

There are mainly operational jobs available, but it is also depends on the market situation and your own experience/qualifications.


Part-Time Jobs: Can I find part-time jobs on WittenborgConnect?

(Last edited: Monday, 22 March 2021, 5:39 PM)

No, the option of WittenborgConnect ( is only for internships. For part-time jobs, you can go through or you can build your network connection with fellow students or companies via LinkedIn.

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  15  (Next)