MVV: I am a US citizen. Do I need to obtain an MVV visa in advance or am I exempted from it?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 5 August 2020, 1:24 PM)

You are exempted from the requirement of an MVV visa along with the citizens of the following countries: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Japan, Monaco, Vatican City, or South Korea. This means that you can enter the Netherlands with just your passport.

However, you are still required to have a study residence permit to study in the Netherlands. Once you arrive in the Netherlands, you will be informed on when you can collect your study residence permit from the IND desk.

Please note that as a general rule, your passport should have at least six months of validity when travelling internationally.

» FAQ Studying @ Wittenborg