Skip to main content

Graduate from Rwanda Sets off for Career in Publishing

by Wittenborg News -
Number of replies: 0

http://www.wittenborg.eu/graduate-rwanda-sets-career-publishing.htm

Wittenborg graduate, Pacific Mongi, is pursuing his dream of becoming a book publisher in his home country, Rwanda, in the east of Africa.

Described by his lecturers as a quiet, courteous student, Pacific graduated earlier this year with a Bachelor IBA in Economics and Management from Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences. “After graduating I want a career in the publishing industry and would certainly consider doing a Master degree.”

He says he would recommend the Netherlands as a study destination despite suffering some discrimination and having a little difficulty with the language barrier, although he admits that getting by in English was relatively easy in Holland. “I stayed in Apeldoorn which is a small, quiet city that can be a bit boring for some students, but on the other hand it also helps you to concentrate on your studies.”

He singled out Dr Saskia Harkema (Senior Lecturer) and Wittenborg’s Student Administration Officer and Management Support Officer, Tineke van der Leer, for “their endless love and support to people who need their help”.

“The advice I can give to current students is to remember why you came to the Netherlands and make the very best of your time here.”

WUP 14/8/2016

by Anesca Smith
©WUAS Press

224 words