Debbie spent many moments talking to Maggie and Henry about her wishes for after her death. One of those wishes was that she wished to be buried at home in China, and we have spent the past days going through the complicated procedures required to enable this to happen.
Here in Holland, three main events are planned, tomorrow and Friday: On Thursday evening there will be an opportunity for people to say farewell to Debbie and say their condolences to Debbie’s family. There will also be an opportunity to do this at the Church Service, to on coming Friday at the Church on the Boerhaavestraat 62, Apeldoorn. Speakers at the Church will include representatives of Debbie’s family and friends, and Wittenborg. After the Church service, everyone is invited to a after service reception at Wittenborg University, Laan van de Mensenrechten 500, Apeldoorn.
The programme for Thursday (Tomorrow) is as follows:
19:30 - Saying Goodbye (Afscheid en Condoleren)
Especially for those who cannot make the Service in Apeldoorn on Friday, there is a moment in Epe to meet the family and offer condolences.
- Time: 19:30
- Place: Yarden Uitvaartcentrum, Stationsstraat 29, EPE
See Bus details on getting from Apeldoorn to Epe and return see below:
The programme for Friday is as follows:
Note: Wittenborg University will be closed on Friday for the funeral. Students and Staff who wish to leave together should assemble at 11:45 at School. Bus times for getting to the church from school are as follows:
Bus driving schedule Friday 25 of May to the church Boerhaavestraat 62, Apeldoorn
City bus 11 (direction Stadhoudersmolen)
- Departure 12.16 uur vertrek busstation Apeldoorn
- Arrival 12.24 uur bushalte Curiestraat, Apeldoorn
After that 2 min. to walk to the church.
11:00- Leaving Epe
Debbie will be brought from Epe to Apeldoorn, and all hose with cars are asked to join the procession from Epe. Assembly time 11:00 at Yarden Uitvaartcentrum, Stationsstraat 29, EPE
13:00 - The Remembrance Service
The Church Service will be held at Boerhaavestraat 62, Apeldoorn.
- Time: Service starts at 13:00 and will finish at approximately 14:30
- Note: there is an opportunity to say goodbye to Debbie and say condolences to the family at the Church, before the service, in the same way as on Thursday.
- Presents: In many cultures it is custom to give presents to the family at a time such as this. Debbie’s family have said that they wish people only to bring flowers, as Debbie herself wished.
- Flowers: Debbie asked that there should be flowers, of any sort, but as colourful as possible!
14:30 - The Funeral Reception
After the service, everyone is invited to attend a reception at Wittenborg University. At the reception there will be drinks and snacks and an opportunity for all Debbie’s family, friends and colleagues to meet and reflect together.
- Time: Reception starts at 15:30 and will finish at 17:00
- Where: Wittenborg University, at ROC Aventus, Laan van de Mensenrechten 500, Apelldorn
Bus to Epe from Apeldoorn for Thursday Evening:
Bus 202 (direction Heerde)
- Departure 18.53 uur bus station Apeldoorn
- Arrival 19.28 uur bus stop centre Epe
- Departure 19.23 uur bus station Apeldoorn
- Arrival 19.58 uur bus stop centre Epe
aprox 7 min. to walk from bus stop to Stationsstraat 29.
Bus from Epe to Apeldoorn for Thursday Evening:
Bus 202 (direction Apeldoorn)
aprox 7 min. walk to bus stop
- Departure 19.58 uur bus stop centre Epe
- Arrival 20.31 uur bus station Apeldoorn
aprox 7 min. walk
- Departure 20.28 uur bus stop centre Epe
- Arrival 21.01 uur bus station Apeldoorn