Skip to main content

Wittenborg's Head of Research Wants to Double Positive Behaviour

by Wittenborg News -
Number of replies: 0

Goals in Line with that of UN

https://www.wittenborg.eu/wittenborgs-head-research-wants-double-positive-behaviour.htm

Doubling positive behavior worldwide by 2030 - this is the goal that Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences' Head of Research, Dr Nicolet Theunissen, has set for her company Future Life Research which celebrated its 5th anniversary recently. In the meantime she has also launched a Dutch version of the BetterYourself.app - a platform which helps people develop more positive behaviour. The English version is soon to follow. 

Theunissen was recently interviewed by De Stentor newspaper about her work as a scientist and entrepreneur. Before launching her company, Theunissen worked for years as a senior researcher at TNO developing training innovations. "All the knowledge I collected and the research I have subsequently done, I have applied to build a platform where people can work on positive behaviour," she told the newspaper. 

Though she acknowledges the ambition to double good behaviour in the next 10 years might sound "absurd", she believes it complements the sustainable development goals set out by the UN towards ending poverty, inequality and climate change by 2030. "This will only be reached if people really go for it by adopting a positive behavioural attitude."

Theunissen holds a PhD in Medicine (Health Psychology) and a master's degree in Developmental Psychology. She joined Wittenborg last year as Head of Research. 

WUP 16/9/2019
by James Wittenborg
©WUAS Press

239 words