Skip to main content

Wittenborg Welcomes 87 New Students in Apeldoorn, Amsterdam and Munich Locations

Wittenborg Welcomes 87 New Students in Apeldoorn, Amsterdam and Munich Locations
by Wittenborg News -
Number of replies: 0

New Members of the Wittenborg Family Highlight School’s Diverse and International Character

My ultimate goal is to gain substantial experience in the field, working on international platforms. This is an opportunity I never had in Iran, where data science and data analytics are not widely available. There, these skills are often self-taught or acquired by students who have studied abroad and returned. I'm attracted to the idea of analysing business data to create new products or services, as well as to attract customers. I find it fascinating,” says Armita Nazari, one of almost 90 new students treated to Wittenborg's Introduction Week activities from 16 to 19 October.

Nazari, who will be studying for an MBA degree in Data Analytics, is one of 22 students who joined Wittenborg’s Amsterdam study location this week. In addition to the Dutch capital, 46 new members of the Wittenborg family will be pursuing their programmes at the school’s main study location in Apeldoorn and 19 will be based in Munich.

Reflecting the institution’s highly diverse and international character, the new students are from 27 nationalities. Across all three study locations, the countries represented include Uzbekistan, Nigeria, India, Iran, Hungary, Bangladesh, Türkiye, China, Kazakhstan, Russia, Vietnam, Morocco, Indonesia, France, South Korea, United States, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Angola, Albania, Belgium, Brazil, Iraq, Kosovo, Mexico and Pakistan.

The business school offers six entry points each year for its BBA, MSc and MBA programmes. At the start of each block, an Introduction Week is held across all of Wittenborg's study locations. This week includes various sessions designed to acquaint students with the institution and offer valuable insights into life in their new countries of residence – the Netherlands or Germany in the case of those who will be studying in Munich.

Additionally, all new students at Wittenborg conclude the Introduction Week with an academic English writing session. The aim of this internal test is to provide students with valuable knowledge and identify those who might need extra English writing support, even if all applicants are required to demonstrate proficiency prior to joining the school.

According to Nazari, the Introduction Week was very beneficial and provided students with relevant information. “If I had missed this week, I might have struggled to learn these aspects on my own or find someone to guide me. The sessions were particularly useful for understanding procedures like retakes, finding internships and similar matters.”

Welcoming students to Munich

In Munich, the journey started with a lecture by director Sascha Liebhardt on “Developing the Passion for Studying Business”, followed by an introduction to Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences and its core values of Internationalisation, Diversity and Ethics.

Later, the students were provided with an overview of the history of Munich and Germany, in a session that also showcased the benefits of attending a Dutch university of applied sciences in Germany. This activity also explained all the necessary bureaucratic procedures, such as registering with the local authorities.

After a short coffee and snack break, the new students attended a training session on how to use Wittenborg’s online platform. The activities were concluded with a city tour through some of Munich’s most iconic historical and cultural spots, and the students had the opportunity to try the traditional Bavarian doughnut, the Ausgezogene.

Opportunities for growth

At all Wittenborg’s study locations, Introduction Week concludes with a special lunch that gathers students together with the school’s lecturers and staff members. During the event conducted at the school’s Apeldoorn study location, Director of Corporate Governance Karen Penninga encouraged the new members of the Wittenborg family to enjoy this new experience, have fun and make the most of their studies. 

“Eventually, some of you might be sad or homesick since you are far from home. When those moments come, remember that we are here for you and that Wittenborg offers a solid network of support. Despite the obstacles that you might encounter, be excited and open for new experiences, because you are starting a journey that will make you grow on a personal, intellectual and professional level.”

WUP 21/10/2023
by Ulisses Sawczuk
©WUAS Press

705 words