Skip to main content

A New Journey Starts for 64 New Wittenborg Students From 13 Countries

by Wittenborg News -
Number of replies: 0

Introductory Lunch Celebrated the School’s Second Intake in 2022

As spring begins in the Netherlands, 64 students of multiple nationalities started this week a new phase in their lives by joining Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences.

Coming from 13 different countries – Bulgaria, South Korea, Ukraine, India, Vietnam, the Netherlands, South Africa, Nepal, Sudan, Iran, Bangladesh, Nigeria and Turkey – the students participated in the introductory lunch that was held on 24 March to celebrate the school’s second intake in 2022. The event was also attended by Wittenborg lecturers and staff.

In total, the institution has six intake moments per year in February, March, May, August, October and November (click here for more information). Out of the 64 new Wittenborg family members, 51 will be studying in Apeldoorn while 13 will be based in Amsterdam, starting from Monday, 28 March. Between 21 and 25 March, the students attended the introduction week, which provided them with orientation and information about their programmes.

During the introductory lunch, Wittenborg Head of the School of Business Rauf Abdul welcomed the students and wished them the best of luck. “It is great to see the diversity in this group, which shows why Wittenborg is one of the most international higher education institutions in the Netherlands. I hope you will excel in your studies and make us proud with your best efforts and results,” Abdul said.

New Perspectives

South African student Ruan Jordaan, who will be pursuing an IBA degree in Marketing, Communication and Information, said that he plans to combine this new experience with a marketing degree he obtained in his home country. “I have chosen Wittenborg mainly because of its practical, hands-on approach. I feel very confident about starting this new journey; it is an exciting and challenging experience and I want to take it on and see where it is going to take me in life.”

Jordaan added that the introduction week is really useful for students, highlighting that the school’s staff is always ready and available to answer their questions. “Coming to a different country is a big move and it is important to feel welcome and comfortable with the people around you,” he stressed.

Pre-master’s student Abigail Jegede, originally from Nigeria, explained that she was encouraged to join the school by her sister, a Wittenborg graduate. After concluding her Pre-master’s programme, Jegede will be studying for an MBM degree in Marketing & Communication. “I am a little nervous, because I do not know what to expect, but on the other hand I am also excited to start my studies. This is a beautiful country and I hope to meet new people, make friends and experience new things,” she said.

WUP 26/3/2022
by Ulisses Sawczuk
©WUAS Press

481 words