Skip to main content

80% of Wittenborg Hospitality Students Offered Full-Time Job after Acing their Internships

80% of Wittenborg Hospitality Students Offered Full-Time Job after Acing their Internships
by Wittenborg News -
Number of replies: 0

http://www.wittenborg.eu/80-wittenborg-hospitality-students-offered-full-time-job-after-acing-their-internships.htm

80% of Wittenborg Hospitality Students Offered Full-Time Job after Acing their InternshipsAbout 80% of hospitality students from Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences do so well during their internships at hotels around the world that they are offered full-time positions – some even before they have graduated.

So said the coordinator of Wittenborg’s School of Hospitality and Tourism, Esther Gitonga, after the latest round of hospitality students presented their work evaluation reports to her recently.

Case in point: Israeli student, Oded Arieli, who did his work placement at the Leonardo Hotel in Amsterdam during the summer. The Leonardo Group has 60 hotels in Europe and another 30 in Israel.

Oded started his studies at Wittenborg in 2014, and is doing an IBA in Hospitality Management. He started working at the hotel in April – 11 days after it opened and was quickly given managing tasks. Even though his internship has ended, he continues working there alongside his studies, and will do so after graduation.
Oded told Gitonga how he received an all-round training during his internship. “For the first few weeks I worked in reservations – booking new reservations, checking room availability, etc. Then I was moved to maintenance, but after learning the ropes for 2 weeks my supervisor passed away, and not only was I left to run the maintenance but also had to train his successor.

“After that I worked in housekeeping, then food & beverage and finally at the front desk. The most important skills I learned were management and communication. It was my first experience in a hotel and there was a lot of pressure.”

Why did he choose to study in Holland? “I love this country. The culture is very relaxed.” His ambition in the industry is to move to an executive position in a hotel in Europe.

WUP 18/12/2016

by Anesca Smith
©WUAS Press

319 words