Skip to main content

Spoorstraat Building in Full Operation - Master of Science Programmes Start with a New Group of Eager Students!

Spoorstraat Building in Full Operation - Master of Science Programmes Start with a New Group of Eager Students!
by Wittenborg News -
Number of replies: 0

http://www.wittenborg.eu/new-accademic-year-rolling-start-MSc-students-Spoorstraat.htm

Spoorstraat Building in Full Operation - Master of Science Programmes Start with a New Group of Eager Students!The new academic year got off to a rolling start for Wittenborg University's latest cohort of MSc students attending classes at the new Spoorstßraat location in Apeldoorn from this month.

As one walks down the corridors of the beautiful red-brick building near the Apeldoorn railway station, lively discussion ensues from the classrooms and once inside, nearly every seat is taken with papers and open textbooks spread on the tables and students enthusiastically scribbling notes.

When the new academic year started for Bachelor students in September a few Project Week presentations and seminars got the ball rolling at Spoorstraat 23. A few weeks later the university's Admission and Housing Team moved in. Now, with the start of the Master of Science programmes, bringing a whole new group of enthusiastic MSc students, the building is finally in full operation.

Spoorstraat Building in Full Operation - Master of Science Programmes Start with a New Group of Eager Students!Students are confident and clear on why Wittenborg was the university of choice for them. Lily Saldivar from Mexico, who is doing an MSc in Event Management, says there are not many post-graduate studies in event management available. "Not only are they accessible in the Netherlands, but also cheaper. The programme at Wittenborg is well-structured and the fact that it's being offered in conjunction with the University of Brighton in the UK was a big plus for me. Other institutions can learn from Wittenborg about offering dual degrees."

Saldivar worked for almost 2 years in Mexico as purchasing manager for Flextronics (now, Flex) before deciding to further her studies. She also likes the fact that Wittenborg is so international. "You learn from the teachers, but you also learn from the students." Another advantage for her was that Wittenborg offers students accommodation, at least for the first 5 months of their studies. "A new country can be overwhelming and this is a really nice touch. I hope that even as the school grows, they will keep this aspect of their services to students."

Spoorstraat Building in Full Operation - Master of Science Programmes Start with a New Group of Eager Students!George Gugushvie from Georgia, who is doing an MSc in Tourism Management, says he enjoys the theory part of the programme but is eager to move on to the practical aspects. "I have always been interested in the Netherlands and fees here are also comparably cheaper." Before coming to Wittenborg he worked for a NGO called Georgia Ecotourism Association which did a lot of research in the tourism sector. "I wanted to extend my knowledge and learn about new trends."

WUP 01/10/2015
by Anesca Smith
©WUAS Press

Related Content: 

434 words