Skip to main content

Insight into Work placement – Nicky van Riggelen

Insight into Work placement – Nicky van Riggelen
by Wittenborg News -
Number of replies: 0

Nicky van RiggelenInsight into Work placement – Nicky van Riggelen

Student Nicky van Riggelen, a Wittenborg Marketing & Communication student started her work placement on 3rd of December as a Marketing Assistant at Wittenborg. Nicky is Dutch, and lives in Apeldoorn. 

As a Wittenborg student, why did you choose for a work placement within Wittenborg University?

I asked for a work placement at Wittenborg because I believe that since I have been involved in all sorts of activities within Wittenborg university (e.g. student union, student reps and) since I started my studies, so it was easy for me to take this to the next level by becoming even more involved. Due to the fact that I have been studying here for over more than two years, I feel like I know the organization really well  - and its staff members. This gives me the opportunity to start my internship on at a rally hight level. If I had chosen for another company I would have started from scratch: i.e having to get to know the people and organisation first!.

What is your experience so far?

After settling down, Andy, our front desk manager from Minniapolis USA, has introduced me to the all the Front Desk tasks.  The Front Desk is an important department within Wittenborg University as students with all kinds of questions come here regarding their books, housing, time table etc. Having such contact with students on a daily basis makes my internship interesting and diverse.

What would you like to do the upcoming months during your internship?
During the next 5 months of my internship, I hope to be able to represent the Wittenborg students in meetings, events and fairs, update and improve student information sources, and to play a role in bringing Wittenborg and the society of Apeldoorn closer together. I’m looking forward to learning more and to assist the Marketing department.

Every year, around 6 Wittenborg students complete their work placement in the organisation itself. Nicky is the first Dutch student to do so.

WUP 11/01/13

Related Content: 

347 words