FAQ Studying @ Wittenborg

All categories

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  (Next)



Exam Results: I cannot see my exam results.

(Last edited: Tuesday, 14 July 2020, 9:33 AM)

If you cannot find an exam result or grade, please contact Exam Results via this email: examresults@wittenborg.eu or contact your process tutor for further assistance.


Exam Results: Where can I view my exam marks or results?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 28 April 2020, 1:24 PM)

The exam results can be found in http://myresults.wittenborg.eu. Students can click on the 'Study Progress Review' by clicking on the 'Progress' tab.


  • Go to http://myresults.wittenborg.eu.
  • Log in with your Wittenborg credentials (same as Wittenborg Online & timetable).
  • Click on Progress and choose Only print contributing test results.
  • Select Show on screen to view the results on screen or Download file to download your results.

Note: If results are missing on MyResults, please send an email to examresults@wittenborg.eu


Examinations: How can I review Type 2 exams in blocks 6 and 7?

(Last edited: Monday, 13 July 2020, 11:22 AM)

During the ongoing COVID-19 situation, the “traditional’’ written exams (Type 1) have been replaced by assignments (Type 2). You will receive feedback and comments on your assignment from the module teacher in Turnitin, approximately two weeks after the deadline of the assignment.


Facebook: I have been requesting for joining Wittenborg Facebook group for a long time but my request has not been accepted yet, what should I do?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 18 November 2020, 1:57 PM)

If you have sent a request to 'Wittenborg Students & Staff' on Facebook and have not received any feedback (approval) for too long (more than 1 week), then you can send an email to frontdesk@wittenborg.eu. 


Facebook: I wish to join the Wittenborg Facebook page. What should I do?

(Last edited: Thursday, 18 June 2020, 9:15 AM)

We would like to offer our students the opportunity to meet fellow students and staff in an informal way, even before arrival. This is why we suggest joining Wittenborg on Facebook.

Login or create a Facebook account: www.facebook.com. Search 'Wittenborg Students & Staff' on the Facebook website or app. Click 'Join us'. 

After approval, students can receive the latest information on their personal accounts.


Graduation Ceremony: I will graduate in Block 7. Which graduation ceremony can I attend?

(Last edited: Friday, 10 July 2020, 3:52 PM)

There are two graduation ceremonies per year. One in February and the other is held in July. Students who graduate in blocks 1, 2 & 3 will be invited to the winter graduation (in February). Students who graduate in blocks 5, 6 & 7 will be invited to the summer graduation (in July).


Students can invite their family members to come to the graduation ceremony. A graduation ceremony signifies a close to your study journey at Wittenborg. It is a day full of joy, and the perfect opportunity to see your fellow graduates one more time and celebrate your graduation together.


Graduation: I will be graduating soon. What steps should I follow in order to complete this process?

(Last edited: Friday, 10 July 2020, 4:10 PM)

In order to graduate, students have to complete all European Credit (EC) modules. Once all ECs are achieved and you have passed the GA Oral Defence, you will be invited to the graduation ceremony by the Events Coordinator, via email.

In the email, you will find all information and instructions pertaining to the ceremony. Please follow all instructions given in the email. Among others, you will be required to:

1) provide information on your guest list (the number of guests who will be attending the ceremony)

2) complete the graduation questionnaire

3) submit a photograph of yourself. This photograph will be shown on the screen during the ceremony.


Guest Lectures: Will the university continue offering guest lectures?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 14 July 2020, 10:16 AM)

All guest lectures are cancelled and will be replaced by online films or recorded videos of guest speakers.

Please visit the following link for more details:



Helpdesk: How can I access the Helpdesk, If I have a query?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 18 November 2020, 4:55 PM)

A ticketing system is used at Helpdesk and you can easily create a ticket for different types of issues that may incur. A direct link to the Helpdesk is available on your dashboard on Wittenborg-Online, alternatively you can click here


HOSCO and WittenborgConnect: What is HOSCO and WittenborgConnect?

(Last edited: Saturday, 11 July 2020, 12:00 AM)

These two make up Wittenborg's career platforms. HOSCO is specifically for the hospitality industry, while WittenborgConnect covers all business fields in general. Students searching for work placement or internship opportunities can register on these platforms. They can then search for suitable companies of their choice and send their CV's and cover letters directly to the companies. Please refer to the Work Placement Handbook for more details.


Housing Moving Out: Can I move out of the student housing before the end of the package period?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 11 November 2020, 2:13 PM)

You can move out of the Wittenborg student housing before the end of the package period but there will be no refund allowed in general.

Please refer to the student housing Rules and Regulations for further details or contact studenthousing@wittenborg.eu and frontdesk@wittenborg.eu.


Insurance - AON Student Insurance: Can I make reimbursement claims for dental expenses?

(Last edited: Monday, 9 November 2020, 10:06 AM)

Under AON Student Insurance, ICS Complete and ICS Start+ insurance, the maximum insured amount for dental costs to relieve acute dental pain is EUR 350 per insurance year and the maximum insured amount for dental costs due to an accident is EUR 1,100 per insurance year.


Insurance Coverage: What medical costs does my AON Student insurance cover?

(Last edited: Monday, 9 November 2020, 10:34 AM)

Examples of AON Student Insurance coverage are:  

  • Emergency repatriation (e.g. in the event of unexpectedly having to return to your home country)
  • Private liability (e.g. a bike accident damaging a car in the process)
  • Home contents and personal property, including baggage (e.g. theft from your room, loss of suitcase during a trip)
  • Accidents (e.g. disability through an accident)
  • Legal aid (e.g. conflict with a landlord)  
  •  Your AON Student Insurance offers worldwide coverage for a period of at most eight consecutive weeks during a temporary stay outside your destination country, also in your home country, in connection with a trip.


Insurance Reimbursements: How can I get reimbursements from my insurance for my medical expenses?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 11 August 2020, 2:51 PM)

International students have to pay for their medical bills before they can approach the insurance company for reimbursements. This means that for all medical appointments, students have to pay for it first, then, they can submit request for reimbursements (or claims) at the insurance company's website. Make sure you have the receipt for the payment of your medical bills. You may need to upload this receipt as proof of payment.

For AON insurance, paid bills can be reimbursed at the website: https://www.aonstudentinsurance.com/students/en/claims/.


Insurance: If I have arranged a Dutch basic health insurance for myself, how do I cancel the current AON insurance arranged by Wittenborg?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 10 November 2020, 5:15 PM)

If your current AON insurance has been arranged by Wittenborg and you have now arranged insurance by yourself, we can cancel the AON insurance for you upon your request. This request will only be taken into consideration if you can provide proof that your new insurance has already started. Please fill in this online form 'Apply/Update Insurance Form', so that our Registrar Department can cancel your current AON insurance. The results of this form are processed every Wednesday and refunds are made within 8 weeks. You will receive a confirmation of cancellation of your insurance by email. You can download the refund form (interactive Word Document) attached to the above online form, complete it, and upload it along with your new insurance certificate.


Internship and Part-Time Jobs: Is there any difference between internships and part-time jobs?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 25 August 2020, 6:53 AM)

An internship is a compulsory module and is an essential part of your study programme, while a part-time job is an additional extracurricular option. You will be assigned a company supervisor who will monitor your progress throughout the internet. The company supervisor will update the Work Placement Coordinator of your progress from time to time. You will also be assessed at the end of your internship and the grade will be included in your results report. As for part-time job, there is no assessment and it is strictly your own personal undertaking.

Take note that you will not be allowed to present your final thesis if you have not passed your internship or WP module.


Internship/Work Placement Duration: What is the minimum duration of an internship?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 26 August 2020, 3:29 PM)

The EEG Part 7 Work Placement Handbook, page 3, mentions “The duration of the WP is minimum of 3 months full-time”. In EEG Part 7a Work Placement Handbook “In-Company Training takes at least 4 months full-time.”


Internship/Work Placement Waiver: Will my prior work experience be counted as an internship?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 13 October 2020, 5:59 PM)

There are no exceptions offered by Wittenborg for the work placement. All regular students must fulfil the conditions of this module. All regular students will have to go through the assessment of this module (Weekly and Monthly Journals, Work Evaluation Report and Work Evaluation Report Oral Defence).

The Graduation and Examination Board recognises that students can ask at the entry of the programme to be deemed as having done the work placement module. This will only be considered if the following has been fulfilled:

1. The student has done a prior WP which had at least the same duration of a normal Wittenborg WP and was done not more than two years prior to the date of admission to the respective programme.

2. This prior WP has not been credited before, by another education institute.

3. The student is able to provide the WP Coordinator with:

  • a. A proper and detailed job description
  • b. A recommendation letter from the company

4. The WP Coordinator will contact the company with regards to the recommendation letter.

5. If all conditions have been met, the WP Coordinator will formally recommend to the Graduation and Examination Board of the student’s request of compensating the WP duration period.  

6. If approved, the student will need to write the Work Evaluation Report (WER) and defend it.

7. The final approval is given by the Graduation and Examination Board.

To start this process, you need to fill in this FORM. the link for the form is: https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=yh8AaY_RGU2WLpSbUdTbiWxJ6X7XPuBJrlEkDjQgDONUNkgxVzBUVUdNSDk0SDNPQUVGMzlQT1hGQyQlQCN0PWcu


Internship/Work Placement: Can I get multiple full-time internships?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 26 August 2020, 3:30 PM)

No. Only one internship counts towards your studies.


Internship/Work Placement: Can I take up internship in any province of the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 26 August 2020, 3:42 PM)

Yes. You can.

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  17  (Next)