Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  15  (Next)



Graduation Assignment/Final Project: How does the procedure for GA/FP work?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 28 December 2021, 11:14 AM)


Please see below the flowchart for the procedure of GAs/Final Projects.

Flow Chart





Graduation Ceremony: I will graduate in Block 7. Which graduation ceremony can I attend?

(Last edited: Friday, 10 July 2020, 3:52 PM)

There are two graduation ceremonies per year. One in February and the other is held in July. Students who graduate in blocks 1, 2 & 3 will be invited to the winter graduation (in February). Students who graduate in blocks 5, 6 & 7 will be invited to the summer graduation (in July).


Students can invite their family members to come to the graduation ceremony. A graduation ceremony signifies a close to your study journey at Wittenborg. It is a day full of joy, and the perfect opportunity to see your fellow graduates one more time and celebrate your graduation together.


Graduation Clearance Form: Do I need to upload a signed Graduation Clearance Form prior to submitting the final version of my Graduation Assignment/Final Project?

(Last edited: Friday, 26 August 2022, 9:09 PM)

From the academic year 2022-2023, you have to submit the clearance form before submitting your final GA/FP. Please follow the instructions given in the online area of when and how to submit the form. 

Please check this link GA/FP Clearance Form ( Note that the clearance form gives an indication of the below eligibilities: 

  • A student has completed all the required exams except the GA/FP and has achieved 220 European Credits for Bachelors, and 65 European Credits for Masters.
  • All liabilities like library books and any other borrowed materials are returned by the student. 
  • There are no financial dues to Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences by the student. 

Please refer to the EEG Part 8 for more information.


Graduation: I will be graduating soon. What steps should I follow in order to complete this process?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 5 April 2023, 12:30 PM)

In order to graduate, students have to complete all European Credit (EC) modules. Once all ECs are achieved and you have passed the GA Oral Defence, you will be invited to the graduation ceremony by the Events Coordinator, via email.

In the email, you will find all information and instructions pertaining to the ceremony. Please follow all instructions given in the email. Among others, you will be required to:

1) Provide information on your guest list (the number of guests who will be attending the ceremony)

2) Complete the graduation questionnaire

3) Submit a photograph of yourself. This photograph will be shown on the screen during the ceremony.




Health Insurance: I have received a letter from CAK. What should I do now?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 5 April 2023, 12:36 PM)

If you have received a letter from the CAK (CAK - Centraal Administratiekantoor, is the government organisation that administers Dutch health insurance) that say that you are ‘not insured’, it means that you do not have health insurance with a Dutch health insurer. 

Dutch basic/public health insurance is compulsory for people who work in the Netherlands. This health insurance is different from the International Insurance that international students have. 

If you have a part-time job or if you are doing an internship for which you are paid at least as much as the Dutch minimum wage (click here for more information on the minimum wage), you are required to take out a Dutch basic/public health insurance. Even if you have not received a letter from CAK, you are strongly advised to take out the health insurance or risk getting a fine of hundreds of euros. If you do receive the letter from CAK, please take action within the 3 months or any given period indicated in the letter. 

However, if you work on a self-employed basis or if you have received the letter from CAK incorrectly (because you don't have a part-time job or paid internship), or if you are in doubt whether you really need to arrange for a Dutch basic/public health insurance for yourself, you can contact SVB and start the Wlz assessment (also called the SVB investigation). You can do so by following the instructions below: Keep in mind that it might take 6-8 weeks before you receive the outcome of the Wlz assessment. Therefore, take action immediately after receiving the letter from the CAK.

1) Contact the Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB) to request (free of charge) an investigation of your insurance position under the Wlz scheme. For this request, you can either do (A) or (B):

(A) Send by post: Complete the pdf document attached below Assessment of Wlz Insurance Position form (pdf) and send it together with all necessary documentary evidence to: SVB, Postbus 18607, 3501 CR Utrecht.


(B) Do it online. Click on this link Requesting an assessment of your Wlz insurance position online, and login using your DigiD. You can then submit your application quickly and easily.

2) Make a copy of the completed and signed 'Assessment of Wlz insurance position' form and send it immediately to the CAK as this proves that you have taken the necessary action. 

3) If the SVB decision is that you are not to be insured (that means you don’t have to take the Dutch Health Insurance), send a copy of the decision from SVB to the CAK. Use this Contact Form and choose the option ‘regeling onverzekerden’. CAK will then close your file and you can continue with your international health insurance (AON ICS).

4) If the outcome of the Wlz assessment states that you are to be insured with a Dutch public health insurance, do so immediately within the time frame given by the CAK. 


Health:Where can I get help for mental health problems?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 10 March 2021, 2:46 PM)

If you have mental health problems you can get support from your GP by making an appointment with them. They can provide treatment or refer you to other mental health professionals, depending on the nature of your problems and their complexity. Please check AON Complete+ for insurance coverage information.

On the other hand, there are some other institutions which offer free mental health services and support through chats and phone calls.

113 Suicide Prevention: It is the national Dutch suicide prevention centre financed mainly by the Dutch Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport. Phone numbers are 113 and 0800 – 0113. The organization employs psychologists and psychiatrists and a large group of fully trained volunteers who provide round-the-clock confidential support through chats and phone calls, also in English.

The Listen Line: The organization has a call centre 24 hours a day, all year round. The telephone support service has existed for more than 60 years and the number is 088 0767 000. Also the chat service is available through their website every day of the week from 10:00 to 22:00. The assistance is non-binding and anonymous.

MIND: The MIND Korrelatie is a national organization which provides anonymous and professional psychological assistance. The organization has a call centre (0900-1450), chat service on their website and e-mail support. They also offer WhatsApp support by chatting with a counsellor through 0613863803. Please check their website for the service hours of each service.


Heating System: Is there a heating system available in my house?

(Last edited: Thursday, 18 June 2020, 9:29 AM)

Yes. Each Wittenborg Student Housing comes with a heating system installed. The temperature is set to 21 degrees celsius and this temperature must always be maintained. Please avoid unnecessary use of energy and gas as it may cause additional expenses for the university. 


Help us in creating a more sustainable environment by avoiding unnecessary usage of energy and gas.


Helpdesk: How can I access the Helpdesk, If I have a query?

(Last edited: Friday, 14 January 2022, 3:32 PM)


A ticketing system is used at Helpdesk and you can easily create a ticket for different types of issues that may incur. A direct link to the Helpdesk is available on your dashboard on Wittenborg-Online, alternatively you can click here.


High School Diploma: Due to COVID-19, I might not receive my high school diploma. Does this have an impact on my application?

(Last edited: Thursday, 18 June 2020, 9:31 AM)

No, in most cases. Wittenborg understands that this is an exceptional situation we are currently in. We are aware that schools worldwide have postponed or cancelled high school final exams. Should you be unable to obtain your high school diploma, or you will receive a different statement of completion of your studies, please inform our Admissions Department at to see how they can assist you further.


Housing Moving Out: Can I move out of the student housing before the end of the package period?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 11 November 2020, 2:13 PM)

You can move out of the Wittenborg student housing before the end of the package period but there will be no refund allowed in general.

Please refer to the student housing Rules and Regulations for further details or contact and



IND Registration: What is a V number and where can I find my V number?

(Last edited: Thursday, 25 February 2021, 8:33 AM)

The 10-digit V-number is indicated at the bottom of the residence permit. This number is after the letters VNR. Your V-number is also indicated on correspondence that you receive from the IND. You will only receive this number after your application has been approved by the visa department and is received by the IND.

The V-number is your unique IND registration number.

Note: You can find your V-number on the back of your residence card and on correspondence you may have received once your visa application has been approved by the IND.



Insurance - AON Student Insurance: Can I make reimbursement claims for dental expenses?

(Last edited: Monday, 9 November 2020, 10:06 AM)

Under AON Student Insurance, ICS Complete and ICS Start+ insurance, the maximum insured amount for dental costs to relieve acute dental pain is EUR 350 per insurance year and the maximum insured amount for dental costs due to an accident is EUR 1,100 per insurance year.


Insurance Coverage: What costs does my AON Student insurance cover?

(Last edited: Thursday, 20 May 2021, 7:51 AM)

Wittenborg works with AON, one of the largest insurance companies in the world, to ensure our students get a quality insurance service. Wittenborg students are covered by the most comprehensive package of AON Complete+.

Examples of AON Student Insurance coverage are:  

  • Emergency repatriation (e.g. in the event of unexpectedly having to return to your home country)
  • Private liability (e.g. a bike accident damaging a car in the process)
  • Home contents and personal property, including baggage (e.g. theft from your room, loss of suitcase during a trip)
  • Accidents (e.g. disability through an accident)
  • Legal aid (e.g. conflict with a landlord)  
  •  Your AON Student Insurance offers worldwide coverage for a period of at most eight consecutive weeks during a temporary stay outside your destination country, also in your home country, in connection with a trip.

Below you can find more detailed documents about your insurance:

Product information

Policy term and conditions

Summary of insured amounts

Aon Student Insurance (Claims)


Insurance Reimbursements: How can I get reimbursements from my insurance for my medical expenses?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 11 August 2020, 2:51 PM)

International students have to pay for their medical bills before they can approach the insurance company for reimbursements. This means that for all medical appointments, students have to pay for it first, then, they can submit request for reimbursements (or claims) at the insurance company's website. Make sure you have the receipt for the payment of your medical bills. You may need to upload this receipt as proof of payment.

For AON insurance, paid bills can be reimbursed at the website:


Insurance: Do I need to have a valid insurance even if I am temporarily outside of Netherlands?

(Last edited: Monday, 16 November 2020, 4:24 PM)

If you are registered in the Netherlands, it is compulsory for you to take out Dutch health insurance. You should still keep your insurance even if you are temporarily abroad. Healthcare insurance from your home country is not sufficient.


Insurance: Does AON Complete+. cover mental health care?

(Last edited: Monday, 8 March 2021, 6:02 PM)

The insurance covers a maximum. of 9 treatments per Insured year, provided the insured person has been referred by a qualified physician for treatment. Treatment is provided by a first-line Psychiatrist or Psychologist. The insurance provides cover for Psychotherapy if permission has been granted in advance by the Insurer. You will be informed about this by Aon.  

Pre-existing conditions are also covered provided that the student is fit to study. If more treatments are necessary, permission for this must be requested from the Insurer in advance based on a treatment plan from the Insured Person’s practitioner. The Insurer’s Medical Adviser will assess the treatment plan and the Medical Need for further treatment.


Insurance: how can I apply for AON Insurance via Wittenborg?

(Last edited: Friday, 10 September 2021, 4:12 PM)

Please fill in the Apply/Update Insurance Form. You will receive an invoice based on your submission. Once paid in full, action will be taken as soon as possible. 


Insurance: How can I buy Dutch Basic Health Insurance?

(Last edited: Monday, 9 November 2020, 11:05 AM)

You can find more information on how to take out the Dutch public health insurance from here:

After you have taken the Dutch basic/public health insurance, you must inform Wittenborg's Registrar Department ( about your new insurance by completing this online form 'Apply/Update Insurance Form'.

If you have a low income, you can apply for Dutch healthcare allowance (or benefits) called zorgtoeslag after buying your insurance. Click on the links below to find out more about this benefit.

Healthcare Allowance

Dutch Healthcare Benefit


Insurance: If I have arranged a Dutch basic health insurance for myself, how do I cancel the current AON insurance arranged by Wittenborg?

(Last edited: Thursday, 17 June 2021, 8:12 AM)

If your current AON insurance has been arranged by Wittenborg and you have now arranged or wish to arrange insurance by yourself, we can cancel the AON insurance for you upon your request. This request will only be taken into consideration if you can provide proof that your new insurance has already started. Please fill in this online form 'Apply/Update Insurance Form', so that our Registrar Department can cancel your current AON insurance. The results of this form are processed every Wednesday and refunds are made within 8 weeks. You will receive a confirmation of the cancellation of your insurance by email. You can fill in the Refund Request Form.


Internship/Work Placement Duration: What is the minimum duration of an internship?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 26 August 2020, 3:29 PM)

The EEG Part 7 Work Placement Handbook, page 3, mentions “The duration of the WP is minimum of 3 months full-time”. In EEG Part 7a Work Placement Handbook “In-Company Training takes at least 4 months full-time.”

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  15  (Next)