All categories

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  21  (Next)



Student Housing; Can my spouse/ partner stay with me in the student housing?

(Last edited: Thursday, 8 April 2021, 3:00 PM)

No. Unfortunately we do not support couples in Wittenborg student housing unless both of them happen to be registered students with us. These properties have been specifically built for students.


Student Housing: How can I find my own house in Apeldoorn?

(Last edited: Monday, 28 February 2022, 10:15 AM)

Finding a house can be quite challenging in the Netherlands and the best way is to start by enquiring among fellow students or house mates. If you stay in the student housing at Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences, it is best advised to start looking for a house well before the end of your current student housing package. You will find available housing or local real estate companies details on websites or by just walking into a real estate agent company.

There are a huge number of property websites where you can begin the search for your new home. Popular national sites include:

There are some other ways present to help you in your house search:

  • Newspapers: All Dutch papers have a property section. De Telegraaf has a housing supplement on Wednesdays (in Dutch)
  • Network: engage your network to keep an eye out for new properties
  • Looking around a location: as well as getting a feel for the area, you can look out for Te Koop (for sale) signs on interesting properties.



Study Advice: what are consequences if I received a Binding Negative Study Advice?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 18 January 2022, 2:49 PM)

When you have received a Binding Negative Study Advice, it means at the moment your study progress is not sufficient to continue your studies at Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences (WUAS).

You are required to have obtained at least 30 European Credits in the past 12 months.

WUAS will terminate your study agreement within the next 14 days, unless you take immediate action to discuss your situation with your process tutor/study advisor and are able to prove that you have excusable reasons for your insufficient study progress.

Termination of the study agreement also means that WUAS will withdraw the sponsorship from IND and your study residence permit will become invalid, regardless of the date mentioned on your residence permit card. Last is exclusively applicable to students who hold a study-based residence permit. 

Please read the following information carefully: 

Study Advice:

The Study Advice is sent to you every 6 months and monitors your study progress. A Binding Negative Study Advice means that you can no longer continue to study at WUAS as your study progress is so low, that it is not to be expected that you will graduate from WUAS.

Study Progress Monitoring (for Non-EU/EER students holding a study-based residence permit):

You have received a residence permit that is valid for the duration of your programme. To keep your residence permit, the IND requires you to obtain at least 50% of your credits (30 credits per year). If your study progress is not sufficient, WUAS is obliged to inform the IND that you have not obtained the required amount of credits. As an effect, you can lose your residence permit. This rule applies to students in both Bachelor and Master programmes. More information about the study progress monitoring requirement from IND can be found here: Study progress monitoring | Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

What should you do if you have received Binding Negative Study Advice?

If you have received a Binding Negative Study Advice, you must immediately make an appointment to meet with your Process Tutor/Study Advisor. The Process Tutor/Study Advisor will inform the Registry Department in case there is any valid reason for not having obtained sufficient study progress, leading to a one-time waiver of the consequences of the Binding Negative Study Advice. In this case, a new study agreement must be agreed on, including a plan to improve your study progress and results.

What does it mean to receive a Binding Negative Study Advice if you are a Non-EU/EER student holding a study-based residence permit: 

If you are not allowed to continue your study at WUAS, your study agreement will be terminated and you will be deregistered. More information can be found in the EEG/General terms and Conditions.

The Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) will be notified that your study progress is not sufficient and that you are deregistered as a student. This will lead to a revocation of the residence permit based on study at WUAS. 


What does it mean to receive a Binding Negative Study Advice if you are an EU student:

If you are not allowed to continue your study at WUAS, your study agreement will be terminated and you will be deregistered. More information can be found in the EEG/General terms and Conditions.

 “Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs” (DUO) will be informed that you are no longer studying at WUAS.  

What are excusable reasons for not achieving sufficient study progress?

In agreement with article 7.51 in the WHW (Higher Education Law), there are excusable reasons for insufficient study progress. The following personal circumstances can cause a delay in a student’s study: 

  • Illness or pregnancy. 
  • Physical, sensory or other functional disorders. 
  • Exceptional family circumstances. 
  • The study programme was not (completely) offered 
  • Fulltime membership in a board of a student organisation or university council, or other positions that have a societal impact in the interest of the study programme. To be agreed on by the Higher Education Institute.

An excuse can only be allowed one time. These reasons have to be discussed with your process tutor/ study advisor, evidence supporting your reason is needed.   

If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us at or visit the Registry Department during office hours.


Study Agreement Update from 2020-2021

(Last edited: Wednesday, 23 September 2020, 8:52 AM)

From the academic year 2020-2021, Registrar's Office provides students with the most up-to-date study credit overview and the newest Study Agreement (Study Advice) for students to sign. 
A study agreement is a formal requirement towards the fulfilment of the tutoring process for all students.
Contact the


Submission Deadline: My submission deadline is at 16:00. How late can I submit my assignment on Turnitin?

(Last edited: Thursday, 10 February 2022, 1:19 PM)


Submissions of assignments just a few minutes before the deadline can be a risky issue. This is because it can take a few minutes before the system registers your uploaded work. Therefore, the student must always upload all assignments with sufficient time left in order for the work to be stamped in time. Submitting with sufficient time will also allow the student to correct any mistakes in the assignment.  Consigning submissions at least 24 hours before the actual deadline may be a safe measure and can prevent any last-minute stress or failure of submissions.


For any technical reason for non-submission or failure to upload assignments, please contact your teacher and Helpdesk.

Source: The EEG Part 4 - Practical Information Guide


Submission Deadline: What should I do if I miss my submission deadline?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 24 June 2020, 8:42 AM)

Contact your process tutor as well as the module teacher in the case of missing a submission deadline. They will decide on the next course of action. You cannot submit your work once the submission due deadline has passed. 


Support English: Where can I find information to help me understand about Support English (SE) and Support English Assessment (SEA)?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 21 October 2020, 12:32 PM)

Support English Assessment (SEA) is a mandatory Diagnostic Writing Test that every new student has to take. The purpose of this test is to recognise, at an early stage, the students who exhibit weak writing skills. Students who fail this test are then directed to join the Support English module in order to raise their English standards to enable them to take the Academic English module. 

Wittenborg's Support English portal can be visited via your phone, tablet or computer. You have to enrol in the module using the enrolment key. For Apeldoorn campus, please click this link: For Amsterdam campus, please click this link:


Test Sirens: When are the public warning sirens tested in the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Monday, 7 March 2022, 9:22 AM)

All over the Netherlands, the public warning sirens are tested at exactly 12.00 noon on the first Monday of every month. The siren sounds for 1 minute and 26 seconds without interruption. This is a test signal so there is nothing to worry about. The sirens are never tested on a national or religious holiday or Remembrance Day, even if they fall on the first Monday of the month.

Testing the sirens is important:
Public authorities regularly test the sirens to check that they are working properly. It is essential for everyone to know the difference between the test signal and the emergency signal.

For more information about the siren test, please check the website


Timetable Access: I am trying to access my timetable on my mobile phone but can't see the class details. What should I do?

(Last edited: Monday, 29 June 2020, 4:10 PM)

When accessing your timetable from mobile phones, users will need to scroll down to see the button. On the next page, you will have different options to view the calendar: month view, week view, day view, etc.


Timetable: How can I add courses in the timetable?

(Last edited: Thursday, 10 February 2022, 1:36 PM)

In order to add courses to your timetable, please go to, log in with your student account and choose your study programme and phase (for bachelor's degree students only). Once the courses are selected add them to your timetable. Then you will be able to view your schedule in a day/week/month mode.


Top-Up Student: Is it compulsory for Top-Up students to do internships?

(Last edited: Monday, 29 June 2020, 4:31 PM)

Top-Up students have 3 options that they can choose from. They can take on an internship, or choose modules to replace the equivalent ECs (European credits), or request the internship exemption duration.


Travel Discount: Can I avail of discounts while travelling in the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Monday, 29 June 2020, 4:28 PM)

You can get more information or apply for the travel card at (ONLY for EU STUDENTS).


Travel during Corona: Can I go back to my country during the ongoing corona crisis?

(Last edited: Monday, 29 June 2020, 4:34 PM)

You can follow the modules online from the Netherlands or another country. However, it is the student’s responsibility if he/she wishes to travel to the high-risk countries/areas at the moment, as the university and Dutch authorities have highly discouraged doing so. During the crisis there will be NO study-intermission option offered, nor can the tuition fee be frozen in such a situation. As long as the student is registered at the university and IND, the financial requirements must be fulfilled.


Travel Information: Do I need to inform the university if I have travelled back to my country?

(Last edited: Monday, 29 June 2020, 4:35 PM)

Yes, students who have travelled back to their home country and/or have specific questions for their process tutors on study progress, should fill in the Form ( The process tutor will get back to you as soon as possible


Travel to Netherlands: Can I still travel to the Netherlands during the corona crisis?

(Last edited: Friday, 5 February 2021, 9:33 AM)

At the moment, due to Covid19, the Netherlands has strict conditions for those who wish to travel to the country. 

These measures do not apply to:

  • Holders of an MVV or Dutch residence permit, regardless of the purpose of the residence.
  • 3rd-country nationals in possession of a residence permit from a Schengen or EU member state.
  • Holders of a residence permit as long-term residents.

You are requested to follow the link in order to keep yourself updated with the latest rules in place during the ongoing Corona pandemic.

Wittenborg University still continues the procedure of visa application as normal.


Tuition Fees: Do I need to pay the tuition fees during an internship?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 30 June 2020, 8:44 AM)

It is important to note that internships are part of the education programme. Therefore, yes, as long as you are registered at the university, all financial requirements need to be fulfilled.


Turnitin Assignment Submissions: What are my responsibilities as a student while submitting a file to Turnitin?

(Last edited: Friday, 14 January 2022, 4:39 PM)


It is your responsibility to ensure that the electronic submission of your work is successful and completed on time.


  1. Different assessments may have different compulsory requirements that will activate the upload link. These requirements are visible to students in the course area. Failure to fulfil these criteria will not permit you to submit your work
  2. We strongly recommend that the final submission to be done at least 30 minutes before the deadline. Leaving the submission for the last minutes could result in failure to submit your work. If you’re not sure what the deadline date and time is click on the submission link where the details will be displayed
  3. In case of technical issues, please contact Helpdesk only.
  4. Make sure you are submitting the correct file type. We recommend to upload word files to Turn-it-in.
  5. Once you have submitted your assignment, make sure the submission was successful. You will receive an email confirmation if the submission to Turn-it-in was successful (in your university email address). You can also click on the submission link to ensure if the file listed/visible is the correct file.


Not knowing what is expected of you is not an excuse for a late submission, make sure you understand what to do, well before the deadline and read the Assignment Submission Help provided.



Turnitin Report: I cannot see my originality report even after 24 hours. What should I do?

(Last edited: Friday, 14 January 2022, 4:39 PM)

Please contact Helpdesk and your (teacher) for further resolution to the problem.


Turnitin Sign In: How do I sign in into Turnitin?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 30 June 2020, 8:46 AM)

You can make all Turnitin submissions on the module area in wittenborg-online and you do not need to sign in separately. It is your teacher's responsibility to place the Turnitin submission area inside the module. Always ask the teacher/lecturer in case of doubt or inability to find the upload area.


Turnitin Submissions: Why can't I upload my assignment on Turnitin while there is still sufficient time for the deadline?

(Last edited: Friday, 14 January 2022, 4:40 PM)

There could be errors in the upload area. Should you face this difficulty, contact your module teacher as soon as possible, as well as Helpdesk.

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  21  (Next)