All categories

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  (Next)



Pick Up service: Will there be a pick service when I arrive at Schiphol airport?

(Last edited: Monday, 11 April 2022, 12:31 PM)

Yes. You will be received by one of our current student volunteers at Schiphol on your arrival and bring you to your room by train. You should have filled in the arrival notification form which you should have already received earlier in order for us to make the arrangements.

Further, fellow students in the student housing will be informed of your arrival and help you move in. The housing coordinator Maria Acosta will meet you on the first working day of the week and help you with any remaining formalities or assistance that you may need". In case of any difficulties please contact the University by telephone number: +3188 6672 688 (during working hours) or the Wittenborg Student Housing: +316 137 236 08. 

NoteIf you do not inform Wittenborg on time, your airport pick up service will possibly not be arranged. If your flight schedule has been changed, you are also required to inform Wittenborg at least 3 working days prior to your departure in order to make the necessary adjustments. 

Steps to follow on arrival at student housing due to ongoing corona virus restrictions: 

  • All new arriving students are required to self-quarantine in their student housing room for first 10 days after arrival as per the newly issued guidelines .
  • You are advised to do a self-test immediately after arrival in the Netherlands and again on day 5. 
  • You can call 0031 886672688 during office hours for any urgent matter. 
  • All new arrivals need to monitor their health. 
  • No visitor or relative is allowed during the 10 days period. 
  • Avoid contact with others unless seeking medical help. 
  • Please maintain 1.5 meters distance between each other. 
In case you need medical care write to from your student email preferably.


Pre-Master's: Is there an internship requirement for pre-master's students?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 5:07 PM)

No, pre-master's is considered part of the master's programme; therefore, it is not a compulsory module. However, master's or pre-master's students can only do their internships during the last semester of their study programmes. 


Profile Picture: How to change your profile picture.

(Last edited: Wednesday, 16 March 2022, 10:33 AM)

Source: Wittenborg Webforms



Refund: How can I claim a refund?

(Last edited: Thursday, 22 April 2021, 4:12 PM)

Please fill in the Refund Request Form. If the request has been approved by the Finance Department, the payment would be made within 8 weeks. If your refund request has been rejected, you will be informed via e-mail latest within 8 weeks after receiving the refund request. If you have any further questions, you can contact


Registration at Municipality: When should I register at the municipality?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 5:17 PM)

After receiving a residence permit, foreign students can register in their municipality. All students must be registered at their local City Hall. Just call your local City Hall for an appointment.

The Front Desk can make an appointment with the Gemeente (City Hall) for registration of the newly arrived students from abroad in Apeldoorn. For the appointment, students should bring the following documents:

  • Residence permit
  • Passport (original copy)
  • Birth Certificate (with legalised translation in Dutch or English)
  • Accommodation contract
 Citizen Service Number (BSN)  

“Burgerservicenummer” (BSN) is a unique personal number that enables reliable and efficient data exchange between citizens and government. In the Netherlands, all residents must have their own BSN if they wish to engage in either part-time or full-time work or studies, and for administrative issues, such as opening a bank account. 


  • A BSN will be issued to all students upon registering at the Gemeente.
  • The whole process of the BSN number may take 2 to 3 weeks upon arrival.


Registration Letter: How can I get my registration letter?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 4 August 2020, 12:53 PM)
If you need your registration letter, please send an email to with your full name and student number. We will send it to you after checking your educational status and financial requirements.


Residence Permit (RP): What shall I do if my RP is going to expire soon? How do I extend my RP?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 12 May 2021, 3:51 PM)

In principle, you will be notified by Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) when your residence permit will expire soon (within three months). It is fully your own responsibility to notify Registrar Office and submit required information and documents completely to extend your residence permit on time to avoid residency gap in your residency in the Netherlands. 

Kindly refer the webform and upload all necessary documents to request for an RP extension: Please submit the form at least 6 weeks prior to your RP expiration date. Then the Registrar Office could have sufficient time to review your files, prepare your RP extension application and send to IND.

Additionally, please note that we cannot submit an application for a residence permit extension of the validity if the residence permit is still valid for more than three months. The IND will disregard an application for an extension that is submitted earlier than three months before the expiration date of the residence permit

Should you have any question concerning this email, feel free to contact us directly via email:


Residence Permit Gap: What is the "residence permit gap" and the consequences if I have a gap in the residence permit period?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 9 March 2021, 10:59 AM)

A residence gap is an interruption in your continuous stay and may cause problems later on if you want to apply for a Dutch permanent residence. In general, a residence permit gap has affects in the longer term, if you decide to apply for a Dutch permanent residence permit in the future. In order to apply for a permanent residence permit, one of the requirements is that you have legally resided in the Netherlands for an uninterrupted period of five years or more before you make the permanent residence permit application. This means that you require to have had a valid residence permit for the full five years, without interruptions or gaps within this period. You have thus always applied for extension of your residence permit on time. Another requirement is that within these five consecutive years you have not stayed outside the Netherlands for six or more consecutive months, or three years in a row for four or more consecutive months.

The consequence of a residence permit gap is that the period of legal residence in the Netherlands before this gap will not be taken into consideration. This means that you will have to start again building up a five-year uninterrupted period in the Netherlands to obtain permanent residency.

For example: If your first residence permit is issued from 01-09-2009 till 31-08-2013, and if you apply for residence permit extension later than your expiration date (31-08-2013), then residency gap is created, and the IND starts counting from that day onwards -- that day your application form is received by the IND. Even a single day difference is recognised as a residency gap.

For more information and other requirements for applying the permanent residence permit, please visit:



Residence Permit loss: What should be done if l lost my Residence Permit card?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 6 October 2021, 8:33 AM)

If you lose your Residence, you need to follow the instructions below to report to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) this loss and to request a new residence permit card for yourself:

  • You have already taken/will take the first step, which is physically go to the nearest police station and report everything that you have lost. You have received/will receive a copy of this report.
  • The second step is to report and apply for a new residence permit online with your DigiD code or by filling in the form and sending it by post to the IND with the required documents. Whichever option you choose, you can do this via link: 
    If you do not have a DigiD code, you can apply for one online. It will take up-to one week before you will receive your login details by post.
  • Once you have applied for a new residence permit the lost one will be permanently invalid. Even when you find the residence permit card again, you can no longer use it. You must hand in this residence permit card to the IND. You can do this at an IND Desk. For example, when you collect the replacement residence permit card. Or, you can send the card, that you found again, to the following addressIND Bureau Documenten, P.O. Box 7025, 8007 HA Zwolle.
  • Once your new residence permit card is ready for collection the IND will let you know. You can then make an online appointment to go and pick it up via link:
  • You will have to pay €139.00 to get your new residence permit card. Usually this is on the same day you collect your new residence permit.

 Finally, you need to send to the Registrar Office a front and back scan of your new residence permit once collected.


Residence Permit: Is MVV required for British students who want to arrive in the Netherlands for the purpose of their studies?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 15 June 2021, 10:29 AM)

British students can still apply for a residence document under the Withdrawal Agreement on by 30 September 2021 at the latest. This is only possible if they have demonstrably resided in the Netherlands before 1 January 2021. 

For British students who came or will come to the Netherlands after 1 January 2021, we will request a Dutch Residence Permit (VVR) without an MVV for study purpose, and inform the students once we receive a notification letter (kennisgeving) from the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) stating that the student will receive a VVR. When the students are in the Netherlands, they will be able to collect their Dutch Study Permits from the IND office.

For more information, kindly refer to the IND page:


Retake: For Type 2 Exams, can I revise my original assignment and submit it during the retake?

(Last edited: Thursday, 22 October 2020, 12:20 PM)

Starting from Block 2 (2020-2021), for retakes: students are NOT allowed to revise their original assingments submitted at the end of the respective teaching block. They must hand in a ‘new’ assignment. This is because the final submission of a Type 2 assignment is supported with a feedback that is provided on the draft (as a compulsory requirement) within the block. The retake submission will be based on the same exam Type 2 instructions provided during the teaching block but using a different topic/case/context/company etc.

There are however, exceptions to this rule:
The pedagogical and didactical requirements necessitate that students of the following modules can submit a revised version of the same assessment in the subsequent retake block. If the students do not pass the module in the retake block, they will be required to attempt the module during the next delivery and submit the module assignment (exam Type 2) as per the module instructions.

Bachelor's Programmes
1. Project Management Basics
2. Marketing Research
3. Marketing Plan
4. Business Plan
5. Work Placement
6. Graduation Assignment/Final Project
7. Research Methodology & Quantitative Methods
8. Hospitality Design and the Environment

MBA Programme
1. Research Methodology
2. Graduation Assignment/Final Project

MBM Programme
1. Research Methodology
2. Graduation Assignment/Final Project
3. Professional Enquiry
4. Professional-Based learning


School Holidays: How to know my school holidays: general year planning?

(Last edited: Monday, 13 July 2020, 5:02 PM)

All year plannings are published on the website:

You can find study period, exam period and vacation plannings there.


Sharing room: do you offer single room or do I have to share my room?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 24 June 2020, 12:04 PM)

Wittenborg Housing department provides living student housing service in Apeldoorn. Most of the bedrooms are single bedrooms, though you may have to share a large bedroom with another student, depending on the accommodation available and your budget. Usually younger student, just graduated from high school, is advised to take share room.


Student Card: I am a new student and wish to obtain a new student card.

(Last edited: Wednesday, 24 June 2020, 8:44 AM)

Student Card

A student card is an identification card to show that someone is enrolled as a student of Wittenborg. A student card also allows students to use the elevator in the Aventus building and to access the rooms downstairs in the Aventus building.


Some companies give discounts to students if they can show their student ID.

How to obtain a student card

The Front Office will apply for student cards for new students.

Once you have taken all the steps on the new student checklist, go to the Front Desk to collect the pick-up slip. With this pick-up slip, you can go to the central reception area of Aventus to have your student card made immediately.


Student Housing in Apeldoorn: What types of housing options can I choose from in the university housing in Apeldoorn?

(Last edited: Thursday, 17 March 2022, 9:43 AM)

Wittenborg offers accommodation in a number of different types and places, all enjoying close proximity to the university:

  • Wittenborg offers shared apartments: 3-5 students share an apartment or house
  • Wittenborg offers campus accommodation: students have their own room within a campus complex, sharing kitchen and bathroom facilities

Dutch or other EU-national students are encouraged to find their own accommodation; however, they can opt for Wittenborg’s own accommodation if available.

If you are a non-EU or EU ‘package-fee’-paying student who needs Wittenborg to arrange your study visa to be able to join us in Apeldoorn, part of your package fee is the first 2 blocks* of your accommodation fee, plus administration fee for new-arrival students.

You will be allocated a room in either an apartment or a house sharing a common area and all facilities, such as a bathroom, toilet, kitchen, etc., with other students, both male and female.

After the end of the original housing package * you are free to move out of Wittenborg accommodation and move into other housing of your choice.

For more details please click on the link:


Student Housing WiFi: Will I be able to use WiFi while staying in Wittenborg student housing?

(Last edited: Friday, 9 April 2021, 1:38 PM)

Yes. All dorms as well as the school facilities have a WiFi connection. For more details as well as the signing in procedure, please check the information displayed in the student housing that you are currently living in.


For further details or issues about the WiFi or other facilities send an email to:


Student Housing; Can my spouse/ partner stay with me in the student housing?

(Last edited: Thursday, 8 April 2021, 3:00 PM)

No. Unfortunately we do not support couples in Wittenborg student housing unless both of them happen to be registered students with us. These properties have been specifically built for students.


Student Housing; What should I bring with me to the student housing?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 4 November 2020, 11:31 AM)

Wittenborg University student housing provides you with the basics items before you move in. This means you won’t need to carry items like a bed, wardrobe, bed cover/ bed sheets, pillow and pillow cover. There is also a blanket provided by Wittenborg student housing department. Some useful things like cups, bowl and plate is provided for each student on arrival in the student housing.

It is always worthy to check on Wittenborg’s website what your accommodation includes. Please click on Wittenborg Student Housing Fact Sheet for more information.


Student Housing: How can I find my own house in Apeldoorn?

(Last edited: Monday, 28 February 2022, 10:15 AM)

Finding a house can be quite challenging in the Netherlands and the best way is to start by enquiring among fellow students or house mates. If you stay in the student housing at Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences, it is best advised to start looking for a house well before the end of your current student housing package. You will find available housing or local real estate companies details on websites or by just walking into a real estate agent company.

There are a huge number of property websites where you can begin the search for your new home. Popular national sites include:

There are some other ways present to help you in your house search:

  • Newspapers: All Dutch papers have a property section. De Telegraaf has a housing supplement on Wednesdays (in Dutch)
  • Network: engage your network to keep an eye out for new properties
  • Looking around a location: as well as getting a feel for the area, you can look out for Te Koop (for sale) signs on interesting properties.



Student Housing: How can I find suitable housing while in the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 24 June 2020, 8:34 AM)

Finding accommodation as a student is always an exciting but sometimes daunting task! At Wittenborg we assist our students in finding suitable, local accommodation, often managed by the university.

For student housing in Amsterdam please refer to the relevant pages by clicking on the link: for further details about Wittenborg student housing.

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  (Next)