Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  (Next)



Refund: How can I claim a refund?

(Last edited: Thursday, 22 April 2021, 4:12 PM)

Please fill in the Refund Request Form. If the request has been approved by the Finance Department, the payment would be made within 8 weeks. If your refund request has been rejected, you will be informed via e-mail latest within 8 weeks after receiving the refund request. If you have any further questions, you can contact


Registration at Municipality: When should I register at the municipality?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 5:17 PM)

After receiving a residence permit, foreign students can register in their municipality. All students must be registered at their local City Hall. Just call your local City Hall for an appointment.

The Front Desk can make an appointment with the Gemeente (City Hall) for registration of the newly arrived students from abroad in Apeldoorn. For the appointment, students should bring the following documents:

  • Residence permit
  • Passport (original copy)
  • Birth Certificate (with legalised translation in Dutch or English)
  • Accommodation contract
 Citizen Service Number (BSN)  

“Burgerservicenummer” (BSN) is a unique personal number that enables reliable and efficient data exchange between citizens and government. In the Netherlands, all residents must have their own BSN if they wish to engage in either part-time or full-time work or studies, and for administrative issues, such as opening a bank account. 


  • A BSN will be issued to all students upon registering at the Gemeente.
  • The whole process of the BSN number may take 2 to 3 weeks upon arrival.


Registration Letter: How can I get my registration letter?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 4 August 2020, 12:53 PM)
If you need your registration letter, please send an email to with your full name and student number. We will send it to you after checking your educational status and financial requirements.


Reimbursement of Travelling Expenses: How can a student reimburse any travelling costs for moving through campuses to attend the classes?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 30 August 2022, 10:20 AM)
When student groups in specialisation modules (Bachelor or Master programmes) are smaller, Wittenborg may decide to combine the groups with a other study location (Amsterdam/ Apeldoorn) to ensure consistency in our student experience. In similar situations, Wittenborg will reimburse the return travel costs (train/metro) between the two study locations (Amsterdam-Apeldoorn-Amsterdam/Apeldoorn-Amsterdam-Apeldoorn)

You can use the Form to declare train/metro travel expenses between Amsterdam and Apeldoorn. Please note that this is valid for students only if their lessons are scheduled in a different study location by the university administration.

NOTE that this is not an option for students to follow classes at any campus. 


Residence Permit (RP): What shall I do if my RP is going to expire soon? How do I extend my RP?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 12 May 2021, 3:51 PM)

In principle, you will be notified by Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) when your residence permit will expire soon (within three months). It is fully your own responsibility to notify Registrar Office and submit required information and documents completely to extend your residence permit on time to avoid residency gap in your residency in the Netherlands. 

Kindly refer the webform and upload all necessary documents to request for an RP extension: Please submit the form at least 6 weeks prior to your RP expiration date. Then the Registrar Office could have sufficient time to review your files, prepare your RP extension application and send to IND.

Additionally, please note that we cannot submit an application for a residence permit extension of the validity if the residence permit is still valid for more than three months. The IND will disregard an application for an extension that is submitted earlier than three months before the expiration date of the residence permit

Should you have any question concerning this email, feel free to contact us directly via email:


Residence Permit Expired: What should I do if my residence permit has expired but I cannot leave the Netherlands at this moment?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 14 July 2020, 10:04 AM)

Submit an extension application at the IND desk where possible. If this is not possible, you can ask for a return decision at the counter. With a return decision, you then have an additional 28 days to leave the country. You can make appointments at the counter in the usual way, but bear in mind the currently limited services at the IND counters.


Residence Permit Gap: What is the "residence permit gap" and the consequences if I have a gap in the residence permit period?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 9 March 2021, 10:59 AM)

A residence gap is an interruption in your continuous stay and may cause problems later on if you want to apply for a Dutch permanent residence. In general, a residence permit gap has affects in the longer term, if you decide to apply for a Dutch permanent residence permit in the future. In order to apply for a permanent residence permit, one of the requirements is that you have legally resided in the Netherlands for an uninterrupted period of five years or more before you make the permanent residence permit application. This means that you require to have had a valid residence permit for the full five years, without interruptions or gaps within this period. You have thus always applied for extension of your residence permit on time. Another requirement is that within these five consecutive years you have not stayed outside the Netherlands for six or more consecutive months, or three years in a row for four or more consecutive months.

The consequence of a residence permit gap is that the period of legal residence in the Netherlands before this gap will not be taken into consideration. This means that you will have to start again building up a five-year uninterrupted period in the Netherlands to obtain permanent residency.

For example: If your first residence permit is issued from 01-09-2009 till 31-08-2013, and if you apply for residence permit extension later than your expiration date (31-08-2013), then residency gap is created, and the IND starts counting from that day onwards -- that day your application form is received by the IND. Even a single day difference is recognised as a residency gap.

For more information and other requirements for applying the permanent residence permit, please visit:



Residence Permit loss: What should be done if l lost my Residence Permit card?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 6 October 2021, 8:33 AM)

If you lose your Residence, you need to follow the instructions below to report to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) this loss and to request a new residence permit card for yourself:

  • You have already taken/will take the first step, which is physically go to the nearest police station and report everything that you have lost. You have received/will receive a copy of this report.
  • The second step is to report and apply for a new residence permit online with your DigiD code or by filling in the form and sending it by post to the IND with the required documents. Whichever option you choose, you can do this via link: 
    If you do not have a DigiD code, you can apply for one online. It will take up-to one week before you will receive your login details by post.
  • Once you have applied for a new residence permit the lost one will be permanently invalid. Even when you find the residence permit card again, you can no longer use it. You must hand in this residence permit card to the IND. You can do this at an IND Desk. For example, when you collect the replacement residence permit card. Or, you can send the card, that you found again, to the following addressIND Bureau Documenten, P.O. Box 7025, 8007 HA Zwolle.
  • Once your new residence permit card is ready for collection the IND will let you know. You can then make an online appointment to go and pick it up via link:
  • You will have to pay €139.00 to get your new residence permit card. Usually this is on the same day you collect your new residence permit.

 Finally, you need to send to the Registrar Office a front and back scan of your new residence permit once collected.


Residence Permit: Do I need a new residence permit after graduating from Wittenborg?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 28 April 2020, 10:36 AM)

If students wish to stay in the Netherlands after graduating, they must apply for a new residence permit. They cannot stay on their study permit.  

Information about the conditions of a search year and applying for a new residence permit are on the website of the IND: After being hired by a Dutch company, the company will apply for a work permit for the student.  


Residence Permit: How can I collect my Residence Permit from IND?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 3 March 2021, 9:54 AM)

You will need to make an appointment to collect your residence permit, please make an online appointment via this link:  Appointment to collect your residence document or original document | Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND)


  • Please don't forget to bring your passport and the appointment code with you while going to collect your Residence Permit from IND. 
  • At the IND office, please check your Residence Permit for mistakes in spelling, date of birth and all other personal details. If something is incorrect, mention it during the pick-up at the IND office.


Residence Permit: How will it affect my student residence permit if I decide to stay outside of the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Thursday, 29 December 2022, 3:27 PM)

When you are holding a residence permit for study purpose, you may stay outside the Netherlands for a maximum of 6 months in a row or 3 years in a row each year for a maximum of 4 months in a row. 

As of 19-03-2021, the flexibility introduced by IND after COVID-19 that made it possible for the students to stay outside the Netherlands for a maximum of 12 months, comes to an end. Accordingly, the student who stays outside the Netherlands for more than 6 months is considered that he/she moved his/her main residence unless it is demonstrated in that individual case that student could not return to the Netherlands earlier due to unforeseeable circumstances, i.e. “force majeure”.

A student who relocates his/her main residence loses the right to the residence permit.

When should I come back?

  • Departure: between March 2020 and September 1, 2020
  • Back in the Netherlands: maximum 12 months after departure
  • Departure: between 1 September 2020 and 1 March 2021
  • Back in the Netherlands: no later than 1 September 2021
  • Departure: after March 1, 2021
  • Back in the Netherlands: no later than 6 months after departure

Please note: It is not possible to return to the Netherlands after your main residency is withdrawn by the IND. This means that you cannot enter the Netherlands anymore. Consequently, a new visa application (TEV or VVR without MVV) must be submitted, which costs extra time and money for you.

If you have any further questions, please contact Registry Department via


Residence Permit: How will travelling back to my home country affect my residence permit?

(Last edited: Friday, 21 January 2022, 4:35 PM)

  • You stay outside the Netherlands for more than 6 months in a row. due to circumstances beyond your control.

  • For 3 consecutive years you have been outside the Netherlands for more than 4 months in a row. The IND only counts these 4 months per calendar year (January to December).  We do not add up individual periods you spend abroad over these 3 years. You have moved the centre of your activities abroad. This means that you cannot prove that you carry out most of your activities in the Netherlands. The IND looks at this case by case.

For detailed info, please check via:



Residence Permit: Is MVV required for British students who want to arrive in the Netherlands for the purpose of their studies?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 15 June 2021, 10:29 AM)

British students can still apply for a residence document under the Withdrawal Agreement on by 30 September 2021 at the latest. This is only possible if they have demonstrably resided in the Netherlands before 1 January 2021. 

For British students who came or will come to the Netherlands after 1 January 2021, we will request a Dutch Residence Permit (VVR) without an MVV for study purpose, and inform the students once we receive a notification letter (kennisgeving) from the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) stating that the student will receive a VVR. When the students are in the Netherlands, they will be able to collect their Dutch Study Permits from the IND office.

For more information, kindly refer to the IND page:


Results: How can I check my results online?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 23 June 2020, 5:41 PM)

Results details are available for current students in Osiris. All current students will have the option to check their results and transcripts and the option to print it.

  • Go to Or click 'Online Library and Resources, My Results' from the top menu bar.
  • Log in with your Wittenborg credentials (same as WB Online & Timetable).
  • Click on Progress and choose Only print contributing test results.
  • Select Show on screen to view the results on screen or Download file to download your results.


Results: How does My Results page work?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 14 July 2020, 9:48 AM)

My Results page gives you a complete overview of your study progress. The option further allows you enrolment and un-enrolment from courses, exams, specialisations, giving you access to the entire range of courses on offer.


Retake of Remaining Module: What shall I do if I still have 1 or 2 pending modules prior to graduation?

(Last edited: Friday, 17 September 2021, 5:30 PM)

On condition that a student has a mitigating circumstance and/or a minimum of 210ECs (Bachelors) and 50ECs (Masters), a request can be made for a Retake of the Remaining Module if the remaining module is not within the block(s) prior to Graduation. A maximum of 2 modules can be requested. A student is permitted to do a Retake of the Remaining Module only once. Otherwise reverts to the normal planning of the module. A Retake of the Remaining Module can only be done when a student has attempted the normal exam (1st attempt). In special cases (at the request of the student in writing), the exam board may decide otherwise.

Retake of the Remaining Module requests must be made not later than Lesson Week 1 of the block before the planned Retake, i.e. For a retake request in Block 2: the request has to be made in Lesson Week 1 of Block 1.

Please follow the instructions and fill in the Retake of Remaining Module Request Form on time.

Resource: EEG Part 8, 9.2 Retake of Remaining Module under Mitigating Circumstances. 


Retake: For Type 2 Exams, can I revise my original assignment and submit it during the retake?

(Last edited: Thursday, 22 October 2020, 12:20 PM)

Starting from Block 2 (2020-2021), for retakes: students are NOT allowed to revise their original assingments submitted at the end of the respective teaching block. They must hand in a ‘new’ assignment. This is because the final submission of a Type 2 assignment is supported with a feedback that is provided on the draft (as a compulsory requirement) within the block. The retake submission will be based on the same exam Type 2 instructions provided during the teaching block but using a different topic/case/context/company etc.

There are however, exceptions to this rule:
The pedagogical and didactical requirements necessitate that students of the following modules can submit a revised version of the same assessment in the subsequent retake block. If the students do not pass the module in the retake block, they will be required to attempt the module during the next delivery and submit the module assignment (exam Type 2) as per the module instructions.

Bachelor's Programmes
1. Project Management Basics
2. Marketing Research
3. Marketing Plan
4. Business Plan
5. Work Placement
6. Graduation Assignment/Final Project
7. Research Methodology & Quantitative Methods
8. Hospitality Design and the Environment

MBA Programme
1. Research Methodology
2. Graduation Assignment/Final Project

MBM Programme
1. Research Methodology
2. Graduation Assignment/Final Project
3. Professional Enquiry
4. Professional-Based learning


Retake: When can I retake my failed exams?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 9 February 2022, 11:53 AM)

Note: Re-take exam weeks offer exams from the 3 blocks up to and including the immediately preceding block. i.e. Block 4, retakes are offered for blocks 7, 1 and 2 and while block 8 retakes are offered for blocks 3, 5 and 6. The exception to this is Phase 3 students, who have failed the exam in block 3 can retake the exam at the regular exam in block 7 (never in block 8) and who have failed the exam in block 7 can retake the exam at the regular block in block 3 (never in block 4).

Master (incl. Pre-master) EEG Part 5 EXAM WEEKS AND RETAKES
Note: Retake exam weeks offer exams from the 3 blocks up to and including the immediately preceding block. i.e. Block 4, retakes are offered for blocks 7, 1 and 2 and while block 8 retakes are offered for blocks 3, 5 and 6. The exception to this is who have failed the exam in block 3 can retake the exam at the regular exam in block 7 (never in block 8) and who have failed the exam in block 7 can retake the exam at the regular block in block 3 (never in block 4).

Retakes can only be done when a student has attempted the normal exam (1st attempt).


Room Key Lost: What can I do if I lose my key?

(Last edited: Friday, 22 May 2020, 11:00 AM)

Anyone can lose a key and it may happen with you too. If you lose a key please contact and the student coordinator will arrange for a new key for you to enter your room. Please note that you will have to pay for this new key.


RPs: How the procedure for Research Proposal work?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 24 February 2021, 2:08 PM)


Please see below the flowchart for the procedure of Research proposals.

Source: Part of the EEG

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  (Next)