All categories

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  21  (Next)



Working in Netherlands: Can I work in the Netherlands after my graduation?

(Last edited: Thursday, 2 July 2020, 3:23 PM)

Students who graduate from Wittenborg University with a bachelor's or master's degree are allowed to search for a job in the Netherlands for a maximum period of one year, known as the 'Zoekjaar".
In order to do so, you should change the purpose of your stay by completing and submitting the appropriate IND form. (The application form is called: "Application residence permit without MVV or change of purpose of stay.)


Check the IND website for more information on this topic.


Working in the Netherlands: I am interested to know more about salary, minimum wages and payslips in the Netherlands.

(Last edited: Thursday, 2 July 2020, 3:24 PM)

It is always a challenge to learn about salaries, wages and reading pay slips when you start a job in the Netherlands. 

Get more information by visiting


Year Planner: Where can I find the WUAS Academic year planning?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 1 December 2021, 11:30 AM)

You can fine the general year planning at WUAS main website here.



Academic Supervisor: When/How can I request for an Academic Supervisor?

(Last edited: Monday, 27 September 2021, 4:09 PM)

One of the fundamental purposes of the Graduation Assignment/Final Project is to ensure students carry out original applied research in a field that is related to their specialisation. This is done with the guidance of an academic supervisor, who is appointed in the final phase of a bachelor's degree programme, or from the first semester of the master's degree programme. Academic supervisors are always members of the academic staff at WUAS, appointed by the Graduation and Examination Board (GEB).

Academic supervisors will be allocated according to various criteria including their familiarity with the proposed topic, their knowledge of the relevant methodologies, their experience in conducting and supervising applied research projects and their workloads.

You can request an Academic Supervisor when you meet the following pre-requisites:

  •         For bachelor’s students: you have obtained 180 ECs (credits);
  •         For master’s students: you have received approval on your Research Topic in Semester 1;

To request an Academic Supervisor, please complete the Online Academic Supervisor Request Form via the links below. You will receive a confirmation email approximately between 3-7 working days after submitting the form completely. Once an Academic Supervisor is assigned to you, please make contact with your Academic Supervisor by making an appointment using the Microsoft Office Calendar.

Bachelor Students: Academic Supervisor Request Form (Rene Rijnders, the Head of Academic Supervisor, Bachelor Programme)

Master students: Academic Supervisor Request Form (Dadi Chen, the Head of Academic Supervisor, Master Programme)


Can a student study and graduate with two specialisations at the same time?

(Last edited: Friday, 20 May 2022, 3:35 PM)

Students who are enrolled in a programme with a given specialisation, will earn ONLY one degree with ONE specialisation.

Students, who would like to attend and complete additional modules from other specialisations would do it at their own discretion. Students can take as many additional modules as they wish. However, the diploma will only mention one specialisation.

All additional modules that the student has completed and passed will be added and will be visible on the transcript only. Students will be able to promote these additional modules to their future employers via the transcript of records.


Can students participate lessons online?

(Last edited: Friday, 26 August 2022, 8:44 PM)

No lessons are facilitated online from academic year 2022-2023. 

Wittenborg is an experiential institute, thus, students need to physically interact with each other. The teachers will conduct all lessons in the classrooms and the study materials will be available for students via the online course areas on Wittenborg-Online, as usual. Note that no lessons will be streamed live.

At Wittenborg, students signed up for a programme that is planned and offered with lessons, projects, and other educational activities delivered in-campus on full-time basis. Therefore, all students are expected to effectively participate in the classes and fulfil all study requirements.

If you have travelled outside the Netherlands for mitigating reasons (e.g medical) please note that you are eligible to request for Leave of absence/study freeze. You can find more information on this in the FAQs.



Exam Review: How is exam review conducted for Type 1/Type 2 ONLINE assignments?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 13 April 2022, 8:13 AM)

All students should be given the opportunity to review their marked exam papers.
If a student does not agree with the grade and the feedback given by the faculty member for the online assignment submitted, the student must first contact and discuss it with the faculty member. A formal appeal can be made and sent to where there is further disagreement on the grade. The appeal email must contain the name of the module and name of the relevant examiner and the grounds for the appeal. It is obligatory for the appealing student to enclose all the email correspondences with the lecturer in which their initial appeal was declined. Once the complete formal appeal is received, it will be processed internally, and the student will be notified about the outcome.

As a standard quality control procedure, a moderation process is conducted by the exam committee prior to the results released to students for consistency in grading. And if inefficiencies of grading are found, corrective measures will be taken. This process is put in place to ensure that the students are not disadvantaged. 

Note: Students can only send appeal request within 1 week after receiving the results.


MBA/MBM Students: Is there a deadline to register for Project Weeks?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 6 April 2022, 12:16 PM)

Yes, we have created Project week registrations for each block in the course area. Once you have enrolled yourself in the Project week course area, you would be able to see the Registration link. The deadline is Monday of Lesson Week 1 at 08:30. If you missed the deadline to register yourself, you will not be allowed to participate in the Project week for that block.

Please note that enrollment and registration for project weeks are not the same. You can only do the registration after enrolling in to the course area.


Mitigating Circumstances: What shall I do if I missed the assignment submission deadline?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 6 April 2022, 12:17 PM)

Deadlines for submission of assignments must not be missed. No extension of deadlines are permitted outside the exam weeks. If due to exceptional circumstances, you are unable to meet the deadline, which prevents you from graduating on time, you may request an extension via Mitigating Circumstances Request Form. Supporting evidence will normally be required when applications for extensions are made, such as a medical certificate, doctor’s letter, death certificate, etc. The Exam Board is the only body that can authorise extensions. 

Mitigating Circumstances (during standard exam weeks):

- This form should be submitted at least 3 working days before the exam/deadline.
- This form is not applicable for Project Week/Graduation Assignment/Final Project/Work Placement Report deadline extensions.


Module Unenrolment: How can I unenrol from a module?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 7 October 2020, 8:51 AM)

In case of a situation where you wish to unenrol from a module you will need to visit the 'My Courses' section on wittenborg-online. Click the module that you wish to unenrol from. You will now be able to view an option 'Unenrol me from' under the Course administration section. Click on this and you will be able to enrol that particular module. 


Plagiarism: I am still unsure about plagiarism. Is there a guide for me?

(Last edited: Friday, 26 August 2022, 9:20 PM)

To know more about plagiarism and academic misconduct, here are some suggestions:

1) Refer to the EEG part 5

2) Refer to these guides for students: (video) (Pdf)

3) Check out our FAQ on plagiarism-related questions via FAQ Studying @ Wittenborg

4) Attend the Academic English Workshop (AE) which is held during the Introduction Week in every block. The timetable is available via or you can refer to WUAS general year planning via 2021-2022 General Year Planning (

5) Consult your Academic English teacher


Plagiarism: What happens if two or more students were observed to have been cooperating during exams?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 3 March 2021, 10:46 AM)

During the grading process, if the similarity in assessments between two or more students is identified it will result in an automatic failure (for all parties involved) and will be reported to the Graduation and Examination Board to take actions accordingly. You must ensure that you do not work together with other students in a group/team or share any information related to your home assignment for any module submission. This is very important and your own responsibility to protect your work being copied by other students.  Our plagiarism policy is available in Part 5 of the EEG.


Retake of Remaining Module: What shall I do if I still have 1 or 2 pending modules prior to graduation?

(Last edited: Friday, 17 September 2021, 5:30 PM)

On condition that a student has a mitigating circumstance and/or a minimum of 210ECs (Bachelors) and 50ECs (Masters), a request can be made for a Retake of the Remaining Module if the remaining module is not within the block(s) prior to Graduation. A maximum of 2 modules can be requested. A student is permitted to do a Retake of the Remaining Module only once. Otherwise reverts to the normal planning of the module. A Retake of the Remaining Module can only be done when a student has attempted the normal exam (1st attempt). In special cases (at the request of the student in writing), the exam board may decide otherwise.

Retake of the Remaining Module requests must be made not later than Lesson Week 1 of the block before the planned Retake, i.e. For a retake request in Block 2: the request has to be made in Lesson Week 1 of Block 1.

Please follow the instructions and fill in the Retake of Remaining Module Request Form on time.

Resource: EEG Part 8, 9.2 Retake of Remaining Module under Mitigating Circumstances. 


VitalSource: How to access required reading materials from Pearson via Vital Source.

(Last edited: Tuesday, 6 September 2022, 4:17 PM)

The access to all the Pearson books are integrated through the Online Library & Resources and relevant course areas on Wittenborg-Online.

In order to get the best reading and studying experience, staff/students need to register the first time they access the database. The registration page will only show on the first time registration. Once a user is registered, the system will link the user bookshelf account with their Learning Management System (LMS) account and will never ask again for login.

You can find the HowTo guide enclosed herewith. 



GA/FP: Can I do a Business Plan for a Graduation Assignment?

(Last edited: Monday, 28 June 2021, 9:56 AM)


Yes, you can. But it is advised only to choose this option if you have specific plans to start the company you want to write the Business Plan for. This is because writing a Business Plan is the most challenging option and it requires a lot of reading and research with such an in-depth engagement in finance that it is only worthwhile to go the extra mile when you actually need that information for your future plan.


GA/FP: Can I request a change or extension in the submission of my Graduation Assignment?

(Last edited: Monday, 20 December 2021, 6:05 PM)

The deadlines are clearly stated in the EEG in tabulated form and on the online area, so that students can plan and meet the exact deadlines looking backwards from the expected block of graduation. However, if you feel you are not able to submit your final GA or any of the parts of the GA at the specific date, you need to discuss with your Academic Supervisor in advance.


GA/FP: Can I upgrade one of my module results in the same block as my graduation block?

(Last edited: Monday, 28 June 2021, 10:19 AM)


As per the rules, the student should have completed 220 European Credits (ECs) to submit and defend the Graduation Assignment/Final Project (GA/FP). These ECs including the obtained grades are locked in order to allow him/her to proceed with the GA/FP submission. We do not expect any changes in these grades at the time of defence or afterwards. A student could even fail a module in a worst-case scenario attempting to upgrade his/her mark. We cannot work with any uncertainties/probabilities, though in the case of failure in a reattempt a previous pass grade will remain intact.

We are happy to facilitate such upgrade attempts, but they must be completed before the GA/FP final submission as per the rules. The student cannot proceed with a GA/FP defence in the case of any pending results. Therefore, it is the student’s choice and decision to proceed with the GA/FP defence without upgrades or wait for the upgrades before proceeding with the defence. Please note the extra tuition and fees it may cost if your graduation gets delayed.


GA/FP: How can I check for the similarity of my submitted paper?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 15 September 2021, 3:52 PM)


You can check the similarity in detail of your submitted file by clicking on “Match Overview” at the right side of the file submitted to Turnitin.

Please also note that if the similarity is from your own submitted paper, it will not be an issue.


GA/FP: How do I know who my assigned Academic Supervisor is? Where and how can I find the contact details of my supervisor?

(Last edited: Friday, 14 January 2022, 3:24 PM)


Once you are prepared to graduate, you can fill in the request form for an Academic Supervisor in the online area. Alternatively, you can access the file here.


GA/FP: How do I submit the printed copies of my Graduation Assignment?

(Last edited: Monday, 28 June 2021, 9:59 AM)


Students must submit two properly bound (NO SPIRAL BINDING) copies of their GA/FP to the Front Desk at their campus. Please refer to the online area for the actual deadline to submit the hard copies.

Page: (Previous)   1  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  ...  21  (Next)