FAQ Studying @ Wittenborg

All categories

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  20  (Next)



Assignment Submission: When can I submit my assignment?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 10 February 2021, 10:49 AM)


The window period to upload assignments is open at least two weeks in advance of the due date. Avoid uploading your assignment at the last minute. Make sure to upload the assignment a day earlier to avoid complications such as technical glitches, lost internet connection, system overload etc. Submitting your assignment early also helps you to view your Similarity Index Report and ensure that the similarity index is below the 20% limit set by Wittenborg (Refer to EEG for more details). This allows you time to amend your assignment if necessary.
In case of technical issues, contact Helpdesk at least 30 minutes before the deadline, with the name of the module and screenshot(s) of the exact technical issue. Request put after the deadline will not be attended to.
Source: EEG Part 5 - General Assessment Policy



Assignment Submission: Will I get an extension in assignment submissions if the quality of Internet in my home country is poor?

(Last edited: Thursday, 19 November 2020, 10:05 AM)

There is no extension of deadline for submitting assignments online. It is the student's responsibility to submit the assignment on time. Many problems can surface at the last minute, such as technical glitches, failed internet connection, system or software failure etc.

It is better to upload your assignment one or two days before the deadline, so that in case you encounter technical problems, you have sufficient time to find alternative ways to submit your assignment. If the internet connection in your area is weak or unstable, it is best to find a library or a computer shop as an alternative. 

If you are still not able to solve your technical issue, please contact Helpdesk at least 30 minutes before the deadline, with the name of the module assignment and screenshot(s) of the exact technical issue. Request put after the deadline will not be attended to.


Attendance: How do I know if module attendance is compulsory?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 8 September 2020, 10:37 PM)

Due to the current situation, attendance requirement will not be re-introduced. The participation requirement has been revised as follows:

  •  The participation requirement for modules that are assessed using a submission: Submission of a draft of the assignment by Friday of Week 4 of the Block (after the Project Week)
  •  The participation requirement for modules that are assessed using a Type 1 assessment (written exam): Submission of an assignment, chosen by the teacher by Friday of Week 4 of the Block (after Project Week). The assignment can be powerpoint slides, digital/handwritten poster, a video presentation etc.

Students must have completed this participation requirement (sufficiently) in order to be allowed to submit the final assignment.

Please refer to the information in the respective Module Online Area for more details about the participation requirement.


Bank Accounts: What is an IBAN?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 8 September 2020, 10:51 PM)

IBAN stands for International Bank Account Number and is a number attached to all accounts in the EU countries. It is made up of a unique code that identifies the country in which the account is opened, the account holder's bank and the account number. The IBAN helps to make the process of cross-border payments easier and faster. The bank assigns an IBAN to your account. You need to use the IBAN when sending interbank transfers or wiring money from one bank account to another, especially across international borders.

The structure of the IBAN is as follows: The country code NL / 2-digit control number / 4 letters that identify the bank / 10 digits, which consist of the current account number supplemented with zeros.

Example of a Dutch IBAN:  NL73 INGB 123 456 78 00


Bank Statement: what are the requirements?

(Last edited: Thursday, 25 February 2021, 10:44 AM)

What are bank statement requirements if:
- I am a new student applying for a visa; 
- I am a new student who transferred from another type of EU-Residence Permit (RP) (e.g. transfer from other EU countries to the Netherlands, from another university within the Netherlands, from a zoekjaar RP to a student RP, etc.) 

A signed and stamped bank statement on headed paper with a minimum amount of EUR 11,500,00 (must be dated after we inform you that we have received your payment) is required. For visa reasons, you will need to make sure that the deposit is free from restrictions or conditions; therefore, a statement such as “the account owner can withdraw the full amount in this bank account at any time” should be included in this letter. If the account type is either savings or current, then the above said clause should not be mentioned in the bank statement.The account will be in your or in your sponsor’s name. If the latter, here is the extra required information and documents: 

  • If the bank statement is from a private sponsor, please completely fill the Appendix Financial Statement of Support_Private Person Form.

  • If the bank statement is from a company sponsor, please completely fill the Appendix Financial Statement of Support_Company Form.

For the company sponsor, we need proof that the sponsor is authorised to grant the amount to the student - the proof can be obtained from the bank itself/local Chamber of Commerce (1.17). 

For Dutch sponsors also, these documents should be filled out respectively, along with the other required documents. Please check this site for more information: https://ind.nl/en/pages/sufficient-means-of-support-as-a-student.aspx. 

Kindly note that the balance outstanding payment always must be added on top of the bank statement required amount. Additionally, a Payment Plan is also should be made for that balance outstanding payment with the Finance/Registry Department before issuing a bank statement.

What are bank statement requirements if: 

- I am a current student requesting the RP extension. 

Please provide us with a copy of your or your sponsor's bank statement, which shows you have, or your sponsor has enough money to support your education. The balance must show in your or your sponsor's bank account at least (no. of months X EUR 921) = EUR XXX.Your bank statement must be dated at least one day after your last payment to us. (How to know how many months are needed? Count from the RP expiry date till the last day of your expected graduation block. Please always round it up to full months. General Year Planning is available https://www.wittenborg.eu/downloads.htm.) 

Please only send the bank statement without any transactions if it is from any of the Dutch banks. If your bank statement is from bank outside the Netherlands, your bank statement should be signed & stamped by the bank. Additionally, if you are going to show a bank statement from your home country, the account type must be explicitly mentioned in the bank statement. Furthermore, as per the IND rule about bank statements, if the account of the bank statement does not belong to either a savings or current account, then a declaration such as“the account owner can withdraw the full amount in this bank account at any time”should be included in the bank statement. You can also obtain a separate letter from the bank mentioning that this account is either savings or current, and if not, the above-mentioned declaration must be in the bank statement. The account should be in your or your sponsor’s name. If the latter, here is the extra required information and documents: 

  • If the bank statement is from a private sponsor, please completely fill in the Appendix Financial Statement of Support_Private Person Form

  • If the bank statement is from a company sponsor, please completely fill in the Appendix Financial Statement of Support_Company Form 

Kindly note that the balance outstanding payment always must be added on top of the bank statement required amount. Additionally, a Payment Plan is also should be made for that balance outstanding payment with the Finance/Registry Department before issuing a bank statement.


Booking Appointments: How to book an appointment at Wittenborg?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 23 February 2021, 3:11 PM)


If you wish to speak to any of the Wittenborg staff, please invite them for an appointment using the Outlook Calendar. You can find the email addresses of all staff in your Outlook address book.

If you want to make an appointment with your process tutor, you need to fill in the form provided to you in your process tutor area.

In the attached document you will find a detailed guide.

Please note that the meetings with your process tutor are only online and will be held on MS Teams. 

Source: Course: Student Resources - General Information for all Students |STU001| (wittenborg-online.com)


Change of Address deadline: I have checked out from student housing. Do I have to register my new address immediately?

(Last edited: Thursday, 13 August 2020, 2:19 PM)

1. If you move within or to the municipality of Apeldoorn, you are legally obliged to inform the city hall. 

a.       Firstly, please send us your new address by writing to frontdesk@wittenborg.eu

b.       Secondly, you need to change your address online with your DigiD code.  Completing this process is your own responsibility.

The following link is the page on the city hall website, which informs how to change your address online. 



You must inform the municipality of your change of address anywhere between 4 weeks prior to moving and 5 days after moving. The moving date that you provide will be treated as the day on which your address changed. If you inform the municipality more than 5 days after moving, the date on which you inform the municipality will be treated as the moving date. Municipalities can impose a fine of up to €325 if you do not inform them in time of important changes to your personal information.


Class Cancellations/Changes Notifications: How can I receive notifications about any cancellations/changes in my classes?

(Last edited: Monday, 31 August 2020, 4:48 PM)

You will be notified of any changes in your classes if you activate the notification setting in your time table. Activating the notifications in your timetable will enable you to keep track of changes in the room and time or cancellation of your classes. You will receive a notification via your student email account. 

To activate the notification, follow the steps below:

At your Timetable page,

  • Click the Profile icon on the left side. Mobile users will need to open this column by clicking on the top left icon on the screen and click My Profile in the column.
  • Deselect the 'I don’t want to receive notifications' button and enter an email address for notifications. Now you will receive a notification every time there is a room change, cancellation of a lecture, or rescheduling of classes!


Class Participation Requirements: Is it necessary/compulsory to participate in class participation activities when doing a retake?

(Last edited: Monday, 16 November 2020, 3:40 PM)

Yes, it is compulsory to fulfil all the requirements as defined in a module (all/any participation activity/ (ies) including draft submission), If a module is retaken in a normal block (Blocks 1-3 or 5-7).

If you want to retake the module during the retake blocks, this requirements does not apply.


Contacting Lecturers: How can I reach the lecturers?

(Last edited: Saturday, 11 July 2020, 10:03 AM)

The lecturers will be available online as per the schedules shown in the timetables for all modules.

Communication will take place through the individual Forum and through the Chat function. Lecturers and support staff can set up Skype calls in teams with students and groups during the timetabled hours.



Contacting Staff - How can I communicate with the Wittenborg teachers and staff?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 10 February 2021, 11:57 AM)


You can communicate with Wittenborg teachers and staff via Email, Teams or Phone. Teachers usually provide their email addresses to students during the first lesson, so do take down their email addresses when given. Additionally, you can find email addresses of Wittenborg staff in your Outlook address book. You can also find the teachers/staff by typing their names in Teams and you can directly communicate with them.

If you are unsure, you can always contact front desk for help at frontdesk@wittenborg.eu.

All students are required to use their Wittenborg student email with S#@student.wittenborg.eu for any official communication. 


In relation to the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) it is essential that students only send university-related material and emails through the official student email account (@student.wittenborg.eu).

Source: The EEG Part 4 - Practical Information Guide


COVID-19 Matters - Residence Permit: How will it affect my student residence permit if I decide to stay outside of the Netherlands?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 31 March 2021, 2:42 PM)

When you are holding a residence permit for study purpose, you may stay outside the Netherlands for a maximum of 6 months in a row or 3 years in a row each year for a maximum of 4 months in a row. 

As of 19-03-2021, the flexibility introduced by IND after COVID-19 that made it possible for the students to stay outside the Netherlands for a maximum of 12 months, comes to an end. Accordingly, the student who stays outside the Netherlands for more than 6 months is considered that he/she moved his/her main residence unless it is demonstrated in that individual case that student could not return to the Netherlands earlier due to unforeseeable circumstances, i.e. “force majeure”.

A student who relocates his/her main residence loses the right to the residence permit.

When should I come back?

  • Departure: between March 2020 and September 1, 2020
  • Back in the Netherlands: maximum 12 months after departure
  • Departure: between 1 September 2020 and 1 March 2021
  • Back in the Netherlands: no later than 1 September 2021
  • Departure: after March 1, 2021
  • Back in the Netherlands: no later than 6 months after departure

Please note: It is not possible to return to the Netherlands after your main residency is withdrawn by the IND. This means that you cannot enter the Netherlands anymore. Consequently, a new visa application (TEV or VVR without MVV) must be submitted, which costs extra time and money for you.

If you have any further questions, please contact Registry Department via registrar@wittenborg.eu.


COVID-19 Matters: Where can I find the updated information regarding Wittenborg’s policy on COVID-19?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 14 July 2020, 10:09 AM)

You can follow our up-to-date news by clicking on the following link: 



Curriculum Plan and Timeline: I have applied for the final year phase 3 in HBA. How can I know the details about my internship period, my work permit as well as the complete curriculum plan?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 16 June 2020, 6:04 PM)

You can access and go through all the details including curriculum plan and timeline in the HBA EEG Part 3.


You can access the EEG in the online area after signing in with your student account.


Dentist: How can I make an appointment to visit the Dentist?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 31 March 2021, 11:42 AM)

You can visit www.dentalclinics.nl and register yourself. Once you have registered on their website, you will receive a confirmation email and then you can mention your preferred dates for making an appointment with the dentist.


Doctor's Appointment: Can I still request a doctor's appointment during the ongoing corona virus crisis?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 6 July 2021, 12:17 PM)

Students who are living in Apeldoorn and seeking a doctor's appointment during the ongoing COVID-19 situation need to first send an email to frontdesk@wittenborg.eu.

Students who live in other cities need to arrange the doctor's appointment by themselves. 

Please remember to mention the following details in your email:

  • Your full name and student number
  • Your local telephone number
  • The symptoms you have been experiencing
  • If you have been taking any medication
  • What type of medication
  • How long you have been taking the medication
  • If you have experienced any improvement or change in your health
The Front Desk will call the doctor on your behalf after which you will soon receive a phone call from the doctor's clinic who will provide you with further instructions.

Note: If you have symptoms like cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, constant dry cough, fever, sudden loss of smell or taste, you must contact GGD by making an appointment on https://www.ggdnog.nl/corona/alles-over-corona/coronatest-wanneer-hoe-en-waar




Doctor's Appointment: How can I make an appointment with the Doctor?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 6 July 2021, 12:14 PM)

If you live in Apeldoorn, Front Desk will make an appointment on your behalf and inform you once the appointment is confirmed. If you live in any other city, then you need to contact the nearest clinic (Huisarts) to your postal code and arrange the appointment by yourself. 

Students who live in Apeldoorn and need a doctor's appointment should send an email to frontdesk@wittenborg.eu mentioning the following details:

  • Please give an option of 3 days for your availability to go to the doctor's appointment
  • Mention the preferred timings when you can go to see the doctor and we will try our best to book an appointment within your preference( Subject to doctor's availability).
  • Preferably, mention the symptoms you have been experiencing and if you have been taking any medication
  • How long have you been taking the medication and if you have experienced any improvement or change in your health

The Front Desk will make an appointment on your behalf and inform you by email within 48 hours in case of a standard appointment. You need to confirm attendance of the appointment by replying to the appointment email from the Front Desk. For emergency appointments, please go to https://www.wittenborg-online.com/mod/glossary/showentry.php?eid=486  for further instructions.

Note: We will share only your limited and relevant personal information with the General Practitioner in accordance with their requirements for making an appointment.

In the event of you having objections to sharing of your personal information, you can choose to call any General Practitioner and make an appointment on your own.

Useful links to find a General Practitioner in your locality/ city: 

Huisartsen vergelijken? - vind de beste huisarts - Independer






Drinking Water: Is tap water in the Netherlands safe to drink?

(Last edited: Monday, 29 June 2020, 9:57 AM)

Yes, tap water in the whole of the Netherlands is safe to drink. Not only will you save money by not buying bottled water, but you can also help towards keeping the environment clean by reducing plastic waste.


Education Department- How can I contact the education department?

(Last edited: Thursday, 18 June 2020, 8:58 AM)

While the Education Department office is open daily for short questions, for consultations please make an appointment by email to education@wittenborg.eu and you will receive a confirmation within 3 working days.

Contacting Lecturers

All lecturers can be contacted through their Wittenborg email generally by putting their firstnames.lastname@wittenborg.eu


Email Receipt: Where will I get the submission receipt?

(Last edited: Thursday, 18 June 2020, 9:02 AM)

An email receipt is sent to your S#@student.wittenborg.eu account each time the assignment has been submitted on Turnitin.  Should you provide any other email ID, it is wise to check the spam/junk folder. 

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  20  (Next)