FAQ Studying @ Wittenborg

Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  (Next)



Graduation Assignment (GA/FP):What is the deadline to upload my GA final version?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 14 July 2020, 10:02 AM)

The Turnitin Upload area for GA Final Version of a block closes at 4 p.m. CET (16:00 Dutch Time) on the Monday of Week 4 of a block. Once it has closed, it will become hidden to students and the upload area in the next block will open. If you miss the deadline you will need to submit in the next block's submission area.


Graduation Ceremony: I will graduate in Block 7. Which graduation ceremony can I attend?

(Last edited: Friday, 10 July 2020, 3:52 PM)

There are two graduation ceremonies per year. One in February and the other is held in July. Students who graduate in blocks 1, 2 & 3 will be invited to the winter graduation (in February). Students who graduate in blocks 5, 6 & 7 will be invited to the summer graduation (in July).


Students can invite their family members to come to the graduation ceremony. A graduation ceremony signifies a close to your study journey at Wittenborg. It is a day full of joy, and the perfect opportunity to see your fellow graduates one more time and celebrate your graduation together.


Graduation Clearance Form: Do I need to upload a signed Graduation Clearance Form prior to submitting the final version of my Graduation Assignment?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 17 November 2020, 10:45 AM)

From block 1, 2020-2021, students do not need to upload a signed clearance form. The university will check whether the student has met the clearance requirements. The Clearance Form will be confirmed internally to make sure students qualify for the oral defence.


Graduation: I am graduating soon. When can I receive my diploma and transcript?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 5 August 2020, 12:43 AM)

Normally, diplomas and transcripts are ready for collection within 3 months after the graduation date. However, you can check with the registrar in case you need the documents earlier, by sending them an email: registrar@wittenborg.eu.


Graduation: I will be graduating soon. What steps should I follow in order to complete this process?

(Last edited: Friday, 10 July 2020, 4:10 PM)

In order to graduate, students have to complete all European Credit (EC) modules. Once all ECs are achieved and you have passed the GA Oral Defence, you will be invited to the graduation ceremony by the Events Coordinator, via email.

In the email, you will find all information and instructions pertaining to the ceremony. Please follow all instructions given in the email. Among others, you will be required to:

1) provide information on your guest list (the number of guests who will be attending the ceremony)

2) complete the graduation questionnaire

3) submit a photograph of yourself. This photograph will be shown on the screen during the ceremony.


Guest Lectures: Will the university continue offering guest lectures?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 14 July 2020, 10:16 AM)

All guest lectures are cancelled and will be replaced by online films or recorded videos of guest speakers.

Please visit the following link for more details:




Health Insurance: I have received a letter from CAK. What should I do now?

(Last edited: Monday, 16 November 2020, 3:36 PM)

If you have received a letter from the CAK (CAK - Centraal Administratiekantoor, is the government organisation that administers Dutch health insurance) that say that you are ‘not insured’, it means that you do not have health insurance with a Dutch health insurer. 

Dutch basic/public health insurance is compulsory for people who work in the Netherlands. This health insurance is different from the International Insurance that international students have. 

If you have a part-time job or if you are doing an internship for which you are paid at least as much as the Dutch minimum wage (click here for more information on the minimum wage), you are required to take out a Dutch basic/public health insurance. Even if you have not received a letter from CAK, you are strongly advised to take out the health insurance or risk getting a fine of €402.24. If you do receive the letter from CAK, please take action within the 3 months or any given period indicated in the letter. 

However, if you work on a self-employed basis or if you have received the letter from CAK incorrectly (because you don't have a part-time job or paid internship), or if you are in doubt whether you really need to arrange for a Dutch basic/public health insurance for yourself, you can contact SVB and start the Wlz assessment (also called the SVB investigation). You can do so by following the instructions below: Keep in mind that it might take 6-8 weeks before you receive the outcome of the Wlz assessment. Therefore, take action immediately after receiving the letter from the CAK.

1) Contact the Sociale Verzekeringsbank (SVB) to request (free of charge) an investigation of your insurance position under the Wlz scheme. For this request, you can either do (A) or (B):

(A) Send by post: Complete the pdf document attached below Assessment of Wlz Insurance Position form (pdf) and send it together with all necessary documentary evidence to: SVB, Postbus 18607, 3501 CR Utrecht.


(B) Do it online. Click on this link Requesting an assessment of your Wlz insurance position online, and login using your DigiD. You can then submit your application quickly and easily.

2) Make a copy of the completed and signed 'Assessment of Wlz insurance position' form and send it immediately to the CAK as this proves that you have taken the necessary action. 

3) If the SVB decision is that you are not to be insured (that means you don’t have to take the Dutch Health Insurance), send a copy of the decision from SVB to the CAK. Use this Contact Form and choose the option ‘regeling onverzekerden’. CAK will then close your file and you can continue with your international health insurance (AON ICS).

4) If the outcome of the Wlz assessment states that you are to be insured with a Dutch public health insurance, do so immediately within the time frame given by the CAK. 


Heating System: Is there a heating system available in my house?

(Last edited: Thursday, 18 June 2020, 9:29 AM)

Yes. Each Wittenborg Student Housing comes with a heating system installed. The temperature is set to 21 degrees celsius and this temperature must always be maintained. Please avoid unnecessary use of energy and gas as it may cause additional expenses for the university


Help us in creating a more sustainable environment by avoiding unnecessary usage of energy and gas.


Helpdesk: How can I access the Helpdesk, If I have a query?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 18 November 2020, 4:55 PM)

A ticketing system is used at Helpdesk and you can easily create a ticket for different types of issues that may incur. A direct link to the Helpdesk is available on your dashboard on Wittenborg-Online, alternatively you can click here


High School Diploma: Due to COVID-19, I might not receive my high school diploma. Does this have an impact on my application?

(Last edited: Thursday, 18 June 2020, 9:31 AM)

No, in most cases. Wittenborg understands that this is an exceptional situation we are currently in. We are aware that schools worldwide have postponed or cancelled high school final exams. Should you be unable to obtain your high school diploma, or you will receive a different statement of completion of your studies, please inform our Admissions Department at admission@wittenborg.eu to see how they can assist you further.


HOSCO and WittenborgConnect: What is HOSCO and WittenborgConnect?

(Last edited: Saturday, 11 July 2020, 12:00 AM)

These two make up Wittenborg's career platforms. HOSCO is specifically for the hospitality industry, while WittenborgConnect covers all business fields in general. Students searching for work placement or internship opportunities can register on these platforms. They can then search for suitable companies of their choice and send their CV's and cover letters directly to the companies. Please refer to the Work Placement Handbook for more details.


Housing Moving Out: Can I move out of the student housing before the end of the package period?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 11 November 2020, 2:13 PM)

You can move out of the Wittenborg student housing before the end of the package period but there will be no refund allowed in general.

Please refer to the student housing Rules and Regulations for further details or contact studenthousing@wittenborg.eu and frontdesk@wittenborg.eu.



In-Company Training/Work Placement/Internship: My In-Company Training or Work Placement is terminated or suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic. What can I do?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 26 August 2020, 3:29 PM)

Please fill in this FORM. One of the External Relations & Work Placement team members will provide you with advice by email within 3 working days.


Insurance - AON Student Insurance: Can I make reimbursement claims for dental expenses?

(Last edited: Monday, 9 November 2020, 10:06 AM)

Under AON Student Insurance, ICS Complete and ICS Start+ insurance, the maximum insured amount for dental costs to relieve acute dental pain is EUR 350 per insurance year and the maximum insured amount for dental costs due to an accident is EUR 1,100 per insurance year.


Insurance Coverage: What medical costs does my AON Student insurance cover?

(Last edited: Monday, 9 November 2020, 10:34 AM)

Examples of AON Student Insurance coverage are:  

  • Emergency repatriation (e.g. in the event of unexpectedly having to return to your home country)
  • Private liability (e.g. a bike accident damaging a car in the process)
  • Home contents and personal property, including baggage (e.g. theft from your room, loss of suitcase during a trip)
  • Accidents (e.g. disability through an accident)
  • Legal aid (e.g. conflict with a landlord)  
  •  Your AON Student Insurance offers worldwide coverage for a period of at most eight consecutive weeks during a temporary stay outside your destination country, also in your home country, in connection with a trip.


Insurance Reimbursements: How can I get reimbursements from my insurance for my medical expenses?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 11 August 2020, 2:51 PM)

International students have to pay for their medical bills before they can approach the insurance company for reimbursements. This means that for all medical appointments, students have to pay for it first, then, they can submit request for reimbursements (or claims) at the insurance company's website. Make sure you have the receipt for the payment of your medical bills. You may need to upload this receipt as proof of payment.

For AON insurance, paid bills can be reimbursed at the website: https://www.aonstudentinsurance.com/students/en/claims/.


Insurance: Do I need to have a valid insurance even if I am temporarily outside of Netherlands?

(Last edited: Monday, 16 November 2020, 4:24 PM)

If you are registered in the Netherlands, it is compulsory for you to take out Dutch health insurance. You should still keep your insurance even if you are temporarily abroad. Healthcare insurance from your home country is not sufficient.


Insurance: How can I buy Dutch Basic Health Insurance?

(Last edited: Monday, 9 November 2020, 11:05 AM)

You can find more information on how to take out the Dutch public health insurance from here: https://www.studyinholland.nl/plan-your-stay/insurance.

After you have taken the Dutch basic/public health insurance, you must inform Wittenborg's Registrar Department (registrar@wittenborg.eu) about your new insurance by completing this online form 'Apply/Update Insurance Form'.

If you have a low income, you can apply for Dutch healthcare allowance (or benefits) called zorgtoeslag after buying your insurance. Click on the links below to find out more about this benefit.

Healthcare Allowance

Dutch Healthcare Benefit


Insurance: If I have arranged a Dutch basic health insurance for myself, how do I cancel the current AON insurance arranged by Wittenborg?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 10 November 2020, 5:15 PM)

If your current AON insurance has been arranged by Wittenborg and you have now arranged insurance by yourself, we can cancel the AON insurance for you upon your request. This request will only be taken into consideration if you can provide proof that your new insurance has already started. Please fill in this online form 'Apply/Update Insurance Form', so that our Registrar Department can cancel your current AON insurance. The results of this form are processed every Wednesday and refunds are made within 8 weeks. You will receive a confirmation of cancellation of your insurance by email. You can download the refund form (interactive Word Document) attached to the above online form, complete it, and upload it along with your new insurance certificate.


Internship and Part-Time Jobs: Is there any difference between internships and part-time jobs?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 25 August 2020, 6:53 AM)

An internship is a compulsory module and is an essential part of your study programme, while a part-time job is an additional extracurricular option. You will be assigned a company supervisor who will monitor your progress throughout the internet. The company supervisor will update the Work Placement Coordinator of your progress from time to time. You will also be assessed at the end of your internship and the grade will be included in your results report. As for part-time job, there is no assessment and it is strictly your own personal undertaking.

Take note that you will not be allowed to present your final thesis if you have not passed your internship or WP module.

Page: (Previous)   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ...  13  (Next)