Browse the glossary using this index

Special | A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | P | Q | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z |

Page: (Previous)   1  2



Study Advice: what are consequences if I received a Binding Negative Study Advice?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 18 January 2022, 2:49 PM)

When you have received a Binding Negative Study Advice, it means at the moment your study progress is not sufficient to continue your studies at Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences (WUAS).

You are required to have obtained at least 30 European Credits in the past 12 months.

WUAS will terminate your study agreement within the next 14 days, unless you take immediate action to discuss your situation with your process tutor/study advisor and are able to prove that you have excusable reasons for your insufficient study progress.

Termination of the study agreement also means that WUAS will withdraw the sponsorship from IND and your study residence permit will become invalid, regardless of the date mentioned on your residence permit card. Last is exclusively applicable to students who hold a study-based residence permit. 

Please read the following information carefully: 

Study Advice:

The Study Advice is sent to you every 6 months and monitors your study progress. A Binding Negative Study Advice means that you can no longer continue to study at WUAS as your study progress is so low, that it is not to be expected that you will graduate from WUAS.

Study Progress Monitoring (for Non-EU/EER students holding a study-based residence permit):

You have received a residence permit that is valid for the duration of your programme. To keep your residence permit, the IND requires you to obtain at least 50% of your credits (30 credits per year). If your study progress is not sufficient, WUAS is obliged to inform the IND that you have not obtained the required amount of credits. As an effect, you can lose your residence permit. This rule applies to students in both Bachelor and Master programmes. More information about the study progress monitoring requirement from IND can be found here: Study progress monitoring | Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND).

What should you do if you have received Binding Negative Study Advice?

If you have received a Binding Negative Study Advice, you must immediately make an appointment to meet with your Process Tutor/Study Advisor. The Process Tutor/Study Advisor will inform the Registry Department in case there is any valid reason for not having obtained sufficient study progress, leading to a one-time waiver of the consequences of the Binding Negative Study Advice. In this case, a new study agreement must be agreed on, including a plan to improve your study progress and results.

What does it mean to receive a Binding Negative Study Advice if you are a Non-EU/EER student holding a study-based residence permit: 

If you are not allowed to continue your study at WUAS, your study agreement will be terminated and you will be deregistered. More information can be found in the EEG/General terms and Conditions.

The Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) will be notified that your study progress is not sufficient and that you are deregistered as a student. This will lead to a revocation of the residence permit based on study at WUAS. 


What does it mean to receive a Binding Negative Study Advice if you are an EU student:

If you are not allowed to continue your study at WUAS, your study agreement will be terminated and you will be deregistered. More information can be found in the EEG/General terms and Conditions.

 “Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs” (DUO) will be informed that you are no longer studying at WUAS.  

What are excusable reasons for not achieving sufficient study progress?

In agreement with article 7.51 in the WHW (Higher Education Law), there are excusable reasons for insufficient study progress. The following personal circumstances can cause a delay in a student’s study: 

  • Illness or pregnancy. 
  • Physical, sensory or other functional disorders. 
  • Exceptional family circumstances. 
  • The study programme was not (completely) offered 
  • Fulltime membership in a board of a student organisation or university council, or other positions that have a societal impact in the interest of the study programme. To be agreed on by the Higher Education Institute.

An excuse can only be allowed one time. These reasons have to be discussed with your process tutor/ study advisor, evidence supporting your reason is needed.   

If you have any questions about this policy, please feel free to contact us at or visit the Registry Department during office hours.


Study Agreement Update from 2020-2021

(Last edited: Wednesday, 23 September 2020, 8:52 AM)

From the academic year 2020-2021, Registrar's Office provides students with the most up-to-date study credit overview and the newest Study Agreement (Study Advice) for students to sign. 
A study agreement is a formal requirement towards the fulfilment of the tutoring process for all students.
Contact the


Submission Deadline: My submission deadline is at 16:00. How late can I submit my assignment on Turnitin?

(Last edited: Thursday, 10 February 2022, 1:19 PM)


Submissions of assignments just a few minutes before the deadline can be a risky issue. This is because it can take a few minutes before the system registers your uploaded work. Therefore, the student must always upload all assignments with sufficient time left in order for the work to be stamped in time. Submitting with sufficient time will also allow the student to correct any mistakes in the assignment.  Consigning submissions at least 24 hours before the actual deadline may be a safe measure and can prevent any last-minute stress or failure of submissions.


For any technical reason for non-submission or failure to upload assignments, please contact your teacher and Helpdesk.

Source: The EEG Part 4 - Practical Information Guide


Submission Deadline: What should I do if I miss my submission deadline?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 24 June 2020, 8:42 AM)

Contact your process tutor as well as the module teacher in the case of missing a submission deadline. They will decide on the next course of action. You cannot submit your work once the submission due deadline has passed. 


Support English: Is the Support English Assessment (SEA) connected to the Academic English Classes?

(Last edited: Tuesday, 14 July 2020, 9:54 AM)

SEA has no direct connection to the Academic English classes of the PDP1 or PDP 2 modules. Whether pass or fail in SEA, students must attend Academic English classes, a component of PDP – entry points only in Bocks 1 and 5.


Support English: Where can I find information to help me understand about Support English (SE) and Support English Assessment (SEA)?

(Last edited: Wednesday, 21 October 2020, 12:32 PM)

Support English Assessment (SEA) is a mandatory Diagnostic Writing Test that every new student has to take. The purpose of this test is to recognise, at an early stage, the students who exhibit weak writing skills. Students who fail this test are then directed to join the Support English module in order to raise their English standards to enable them to take the Academic English module. 

Wittenborg's Support English portal can be visited via your phone, tablet or computer. You have to enrol in the module using the enrolment key. For Apeldoorn campus, please click this link: For Amsterdam campus, please click this link:

Page: (Previous)   1  2