Insurance: WIll I still need insurance after my graduation?

(Last edited: Friday, 19 June 2020, 11:17 AM)

If a student has graduated recently or will graduate soon and will continue to stay in the Netherlands as a 'zoekjaar' (search year) student, a new insurance policy can be applied via the insurance website.

Please note that: 

  •  The new insurance policy must start within 3 years after graduation.
  •  Students must have had an Aon student insurance for at least six consecutive months.
  •  If students apply for the ICS insurance, select home country and destination country (the Netherlands) and select Search year student at Student’s situation

Please note that purchasing this insurance is only possible if students have a "search-year permit". Aon may ask for proof of the search year permit or a pending application for one.

The search-year permit is a permit for a maximum period of one year, to enable students to look for a job in the Netherlands after completion of studies. If students find a paid job or internship in the Netherlands, they will need to take out a public Dutch Basic Healthcare Insurance. 

» FAQ Studying @ Wittenborg