Wittenborg Celebrates its International Students with Cool New Video Showing its Diversity
And that is no surprise given that they are everywhere – more than 100 000 non-Dutch students studying in Holland this year for the first time in the Netherlands' history, as Nuffic’s director-general Freddy Weima pointed out last week at the 30th anniversary gala of Wittenborg University of Applied Sciences.
At Wittenborg there is even more reason to celebrate as it is one of the most international institutes of higher education in the Netherlands. Currently there are people from more than 80 different nationalities studying and working at Wittenborg’s 3 locations: Apeldoorn, Amsterdam and Vienna. For the past 3 years there has been more than 100 different nationalities passing through its revolving doors of learning.
The beauty of it all was on show at the gala where international students were asked to dress in their country’s traditional attire. Ahead of the Gala Wittenborg also made a video showing the diversity of its students and staff.
Here are a few cool facts about international study in the Netherlands:
- The Netherlands boasts the highest number of English-taught programmes in continental Europe
- In the Netherlands you can start your studies in September and often in February – at Wittenborg there are even 6 entrée dates per year!
- It is in the Top 10 of countries that prepare students best for their future career
- If you are a student or a researcher you are allowed to start your own company – even students from outside the EU.
- The Dutch has some of the best...